Maintenance Mode For Individual Game Servers

Hello,

One thing I would love to see is the ability to put individual game servers in maintenance mode. Ideally this would disable all user controls so they cannot interact with the control panel. Along with giving them a notification their server is currently being worked on by a tech.

We run into this issue a lot. Someone will put a ticket it about their server, we go and start working on it and at the same time they're changing things in the control panel.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

+1

Would be a great help to us.

What would be ideal would be the ability to operate the server (start/stop e.t.c) whilst blocking the user from access.

At the moment, setting the server to "Disabled" prevents us from starting a server.

Also an appropriate message for the user (e.g Staff Investigating..) rather than Disabled. I just know we'd get frantic tickets if it said something else :) ...

+1

Would be a great help to us.

What would be ideal would be the ability to operate the server (start/stop e.t.c) whilst blocking the user from access.

At the moment, setting the server to "Disabled" prevents us from starting a server.

You realize you can still use commandline right, debugging in TCAdmin isn't exactly the easiest or best option.

• 6 years later...
On 5/30/2013 at 4:17 PM, barrycarey said:

Hello,

One thing I would love to see is the ability to put individual game servers in maintenance mode. Ideally this would disable all user controls so they cannot interact with the control panel. Along with giving them a notification their server is currently being worked on by a tech.

We run into this issue a lot. Someone will put a ticket it about their server, we go and start working on it and at the same time they're changing things in the control panel.

Hey! 🙂

I have made a module for this, hope you like it: