The Basics

Hi,

Whilt looking for an affordable solution for my gameservers i stumbled across you guys :smile:

I have a few brief questions about your product though.

Say in this situation that i would have 1 physical machine running multiple gameservers right. What would i need from here on to use your product ?

Its not quite clear to me how it all works, but this is how i tink it does. A webhosting package is needed to install the "remote controll" this DOES NOT have to be on the same server that the gameservers are on. You then have some server side wich goes on the actual gameserver. Thus meaning that i dont only need a gameserver but also some webspace?

Correct me if im wrong pls :smile:

If im right how much would i need atleast to controll 1 server ?

---quick specs---

Dual Xeon 2.8

4gb ram

bunch of disks

win 2003 web ed.

---quick specs---

Hi. For a single server all you would need is a master server license. If you don't want to install IIS on your server you would also need a web hosting account.

A master installation is made up of 3 parts:

1- Master Monitor

2- Web Site

3- Database (MySQL or Microsoft Access)

Each of these can be on the same server or different servers.

A remote installation only requires a remote monitor installation. No IIS, no database. You control all your servers from a single web site.

Wait a sec.

If i run it all on the same server its cheaper ? Cus then i wouldnt need a remote server licencse ?

Situation 1:

Gameserver NO IIS

Webhosting package

Here i would need the master server + remote server pack

Situation 2:

Gameserver with IIS

Here i would need only the master server pack ?

One Game Server requires:

>Master server

Two game servers requires:

>Master Server

>Remote server

Three game servers requires

>Master server

>2 Remote servers.

Basically you need a master server no matter what, and the master server CAN run game servers. You then need a remote server for every machine you have excluding the master.

Im sure TCA guys will draw up some sort of topology.

You would only need 1 Master server if you choose to run IIS. If you do not want to run IIS on your server, then we can provide you with a hosting account which will house the webpages and database for you.

Remote servers are designed to be controlled by master servers. So if you have more than one server then you need to purchase or lease remote licenses.

From the way it sounds, you have one server with game servers you would like to run on it. If you host the webpages and the dataabse on that machine, you would only need 1 license. If you only have the one box and don't plan on adding any other servers to your master, I would suggest running everything from there.

The box you mentioned above would run everything fine as a master. We have a few clans running everything on one machine, with no problems.

Oke its a bit more clear to me now thanks.

You mentioned being able to provide hosting with the needed webpages and files to opperate my install. Is it possible for me to use my own webhosting and that the files are provided ?

i take that it would run on a linux webserver ?

This because i really want optimum performance for my customers, and since i live in NL and you guys are situated in the US, theres gonna be a little speed problem :smile:

Everything is hosted on Windows servers. We don't support linux.

For best performance you should host the master, web and database on the same server. Also, go for MySQL for better performance.

All you need is a master license, either leased or purchased.

Archived