New Minecraft release - log is placed in /logs

Dennis

Hi,

As some of you know, Minecraft 1.7 was released today. The server.log is now placed in /logs instead of the root. I know for a fact that we are gonna have clients playing older versions (Tekkit is using 1.2.5) and clients playing 1.7, but the server.log is placed in different folders. How can we fix so that everybody can use the webconsole?

Best regards,

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

On linux:

- Check "Control console ouput" in the game's settings. Set the web console output source to the console output. Click on Update Existing Services. Restart the game server.

On windows:

Control console output won't work. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a link with mklink in the game server root pointing to the new location.

• 1 month later...
On linux:

- Check "Control console ouput" in the game's settings. Set the web console output source to the console output. Click on Update Existing Services. Restart the game server.

On windows:

Control console output won't work. The only way I can think of doing this is to create a link with mklink in the game server root pointing to the new location.

I cannot fix the log error please help!

• 1 month later...
On linux:

On windows:

How can do that?

• 2 months later...

There is a far simpler way of dealing with this lol. I'm surprised even the developers overlooked it.

On the 'Web Console', where it says 'Log File:' change it from

server.log
to
server.log;logs/latest.log

That way, it won't matter what version of MC the customer is using, it will look in either of those places for the most recently modified file and show it.

I'm surprised that you don't go through the changelogs and check the date of this post.

This question was asked before the option of having multiple files.

That's why the developers never posted it in this thread.

Changelog for 2.0.84.0 from 15th of December last year.

http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/showthread.php?t=11377

I'm pretty sure the devs know more about their own product and how it works than you do.