Question regarding fast download configuration?

Evilsystem

I have a separate server for files in general.

The backups of all user files go to it;

Gameserver install files are on there as well.

As are the FastDL files.

One server with a shitton of storage, running an unmetered connection.

I'm up to the same thing, I have a linux box file server with lots of storage. I have it so that when service is created the user folders get added to a backup log and become part of a backup queue.

If a game requires updates I use 1 server to update and queue a backup to the file server and the other machines just need a poke with a script and then are grabbing the update from the ftp server to a local repository.

I keep local game files for speed of setup, but the file server updates the boxes, is better than dealing with multiple updates across a number of servers.

For user files I keep 1 local of the user folders, I exclude the standard game engine files etc., and then using differential updates to the file server each night to keep bandwidth down and only update for changes to the user folder.

You can get a cheap linux box for a file server and then just place it somewhere that is part way near to all other servers. Instead of leaving the game folder loose in a file server pack it into a zip for saving bandwidth and hard disk, TCAdmin will unpack the zip each time it installs a service.

Edited by PCGamersportal