BF2 VOIP

I setup BF2-VOIP as a secondary application. BF2-VOIP will only use the primary IP of a machine. So I ticked the "Only use Primary IP" however when added as a secondary application on an account it uses the same IP as the game server IP.

Any way to make this use the Primary IP of the machine?

Well I figured since this option was available we might as well utilize it.. The BF2 VOIP executable is in the users game folder. I currently have it setup as a standalone VOIP server. However it would be nice to do it just as HLTV is done as a secondary app.

Just to double check Brandon. When you created the secondary app config under BF2, did you perhaps use the secondary serverip variable by mistake, instead of using the standard serverip variable?

Standard one would be %serverip%

Secondary one would be %primary_serverip%

The only place I see to set the IP is.

Supported Games > BF2-VOIP

IP and Port Settings

Only Use Server's Primary IP

BF2 VOIP automatically binds to the primary IP and doesn't allow you to set the IP anywhere in its settings.

When I goto create it as a secondary app there is no IP settings available there. So when created it automatically sets to the same IP as the primary service.

BF2 VOIP.txt

Yes.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

sv.voipServerRemoteIP ""

</td></tr></table>

That is the setting for the BF2 server to connect to the VOIP server. The VOIP server will only run on the Primary IP. That is why when the VOIP server is created as a secondary application it needs to follow the "Only use Primary IP" rule in the game configuration page.

Otherwise players with firewalls won't be able to communicate inside the game server.

Here is an example of VOIP settings for 3 bf2 servers on the same machine.

BF2 Server 1

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

sv.voipEnabled 1

sv.voipQuality 3

sv.voipServerRemote 1

sv.voipServerRemoteIP "PRIMARY IP"

sv.voipServerPort 55125

sv.voipBFClientPort 55126

sv.voipBFServerPort 55127

sv.voipSharedPassword "pass"

</td></tr></table>

BF2 Server 2

sv.voipEnabled 1

sv.voipQuality 3

sv.voipServerRemote 1

sv.voipServerPort 55130

sv.voipBFClientPort 55131

sv.voipBFServerPort 55132

</td></tr></table>

BF2 Server 3

sv.voipEnabled 1

sv.voipQuality 3

sv.voipServerRemote 1

sv.voipServerPort 55135

sv.voipBFClientPort 55136

sv.voipBFServerPort 55137

</td></tr></table>

BF2 VOIP application itself automatically binds to the primary IP.

The problem is that when the information is emailed to the customer it tells them the same IP as the game server which is incorrect.

In order to run multiple VOIP's successfully on the same machine. The BF2 server must be set as I described above. Each one has to be set as a Remote Server even though it is on the same machine.

So when the customer receives the information they need to know what IP to set the sv.voipServerRemoteIP setting to. Which should be the primary IP. But currently it will only use the same IP as the primary application.

Have you tried unchecking the "Use Default IP" in the app config to see if that would effect it?

</td></tr></table>

Same thing occurs - IP is set the same as the primary application.

- Secondary apps will use the ip settings configured in the game settings instead of using the primary ip.

</td></tr></table>

This is strange. Am I reading it incorrectly - it seems to say exactly the same thing as what it did before.

When I goto intall BF2 VOIP as a secondary app. It uses the IP from the primary application settings <u>still</u>.

Admin Home > System Settings > Supported Games > BF2 VOIP Details

secondaryapp-ip.gif

So it should do two things.

1. If checked the secondary application should use this rule that is set in it's own game settings.

2. If it is unchecked then it should by default use the primary application settings like it currently does.

I think the image above explains better than all my previous posts.

Edit: I am assuming the "Only Use Server's Primary IP" is referring to the Primary IP of the Machine not the Primary Application IP.

I must be doing something wrong then. Here is my BF2 VOIP settings setup as a secondary application under my BF2 Game Server settings.

secondaryapp-voip.gif

It is still using the Primary Application IP. I can provide my two configs if you need as well.

Anything I need to change from what I have now?

Archived