COD4 wont load Mods

mirl

Hello, im hoping someone can help me where im going wrong.

im running TCAdmin on a linux server and everything is great.

ive installed COD4 i can run a normal clean server and everything seems ok.

im trying to get it to run the PaintBall mod as found here

" http://callofduty.filefront.com/file/Modern_Paintball;94916 "

ive uploaded the zip file, placed it in: /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/cod4-linux/TCA.Mods

ive gone tot he COD4 settings to set the mod up

Extract Path: [ left blank as will unzip to Mods/modernpaintball ]

which is fine it does extract the files.

Linux File or URL:modernpaintball_v1.2.zip [ which seems ok ]

Commandline:

this maybe where im going wrong. ive taken from the default and put this here for the mod

+set fs_homepath $[service.UserDirectory] +set fs_savepath $[service.UserDirectory] +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game Mods/ModernPaintball +set net_ip $[service.IpAddress] +set net_port $[service.GamePort] +set sv_maxclients $[service.Slots] +set ui_maxclients $[service.Slots] +exec modernpaintball.cfg +map_rotate

i think go to the server after creating it, all seems ok, its running, the command line is selected, and if i brows the files it put the mod where it needs to be.

when i try to connect to the game it says connecting to COD4 paintball ....

when the game starts its just a normal server.

some how its not loading the full mod i think.

any help would be very much appreciated.

Best Regards

Mirl

Hello,

ive tried creating the files in the server manually and uploaded them via ftp.

i did at 1 point get the config to load but its not loaded the actual mod.

all files are there

Mods - has the mods inc config file

usermaps - has the new maps for the mod in

Regards

Martin

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry ive been working on another project.

Thanks for the reply HIS-MOTHER, yes that was incorrect so i corrected them to all be

mods/modernpaintball in the settings for the extract path, and checked the command line is the same.

This is the current command line i have but its not working so unsure where im going wrong.

+set fs_homepath /home/tcagame/admin/11/ +set fs_savepath /home/tcagame/admin/11/ +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game /mods/modernpaintball +set net_ip xxx.xx.xxx.xxx +set net_port 28960 +set sv_maxclients 8 +set ui_maxclients 8 +exec /mods/modernpaintball/modernpaintball.cfg +map_rotate

This above is the output i see from when i inter the command line user side to select.

the way i put it server side in the mods section is:

+set fs_homepath $[service.UserDirectory] +set fs_savepath $[service.UserDirectory] +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game /mods/modernpaintball +set net_ip $[service.IpAddress] +set net_port $[service.GamePort] +set sv_maxclients $[service.Slots] +set ui_maxclients $[service.Slots] +exec /mods/modernpaintball/modernpaintball.cfg +map_rotate

the files do extract to the right place : /mods/modernpaintball/ as when i check via the file browser i can see them all there.

and now its not even selecting the mod when i start to load the game.

Any Help is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks for that.

seems though all i get is time out when trying to connect now, from i can tell the auth servers are down and have been for some.

if anyone knows away around this be great if not looks liek its time to abandon cod4

Regards

Mirl

Archived