New Monitor Weird Text

Hogie

Just installed a new remote monitor on Win2k3 Standard 32bit Dual core Intel box. Version is: 1.0.2350.41134 that is running (I updated it by hand from the newtcadminsetup.exe on the site).

When Starting it in console mode, I see:

<div class="pre"><pre>

Starting System Monitor...

Your system does not support monitoring the Network Interfaces

Your system does not support monitoring the Processor

Your system does not support monitoring the Physical Disks

Your system does not support monitoring the Logical Disks

Your system does not support Memory -> Available Bytes

Your system does not support Memory -> Pages/sec

System Monitor has been started.

</pre></div>

What could be wrong?

It is running the exact same services (except for the game services) as the Master monitor it is linked to. What else could it be? I just tried to shut it down and update it by hand again to make sure I got the System Monitor plugin right, but it is still doing it....

I also tried rebooting it

Go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Performance.

If you don't see any counters at the bottom and the graph is not generated try running this command:

lodctr /r: c:\windows\system32\perfstringbackup.ini

Well, it didn't do it:\ I thought waiting for it to populate the database would do it, but it isn't. Our master is blank now too since we did an OS Reload on it... I did what you said on both boxes, and Performance Monitor IS Showing graphs and numbers on both servers, and they have been rebooted since I ran that command to get performance monitor working again...

The Master has the task in there. It is enabled, I haven't seen it run off hand though.

On the Master, the monitor/SystemMonitorData.dat is there, 9,468KB so far, and last written to at 8/14/2006 2:18PM

On the Remote, the file is 9,791KB and was last written to at 8/14/2006 2:19PM...

Should I run the task by hand to make sure it is running right?

Looks like your task is not running. The dat files should not get that big. In Control Panel > Scheduled Task make sure the settings are configured correctly. You can also see the last run time and exit code. The exit code should say 0x0.

It wasn't running correctly.

C:\Program Files\TCAdmin Control Panel\ScheduledTasks\RunScheduledTasks.bat

It had that in the path box... It should have been:

"C:\Program Files\TCAdmin Control Panel\ScheduledTasks\RunScheduledTasks.bat"

This was an autogenerated task from the master since the upgrade. I didn't put it in since I knew the server would...

Atleast we figured out the problem afterwards...

BTW, I will be needing a Master server move soon, can I put in a ticket for that? We are having hardware issues with our current box, and our provider is giving us the run around, so Im just going to cancel that box and get a cheaper one (since we get volume discount) that is faster.

Archived