I really hate this industry sometimes

Daersun

Read this entire thing - you will be cracking up entire way though it.

As you know FragnServers is looking to buy out a few smaller GSPs to build our customer base. This is why I hate being a GSP :smile:

<[FragnServers]Jordan> Hello, my name is Jordan Jacobs of FragnServers.com - depending on your size we may be intrested in buying you out

<[FragnServers]Jordan> if this is somthing your intrested in - please let me know

<[NFS]Allan> uh

<[NFS]Allan> rofl?

<[NFS]Allan> how much $$ we talkin here

<[FragnServers]Jordan> We have been in business over a year and own all of our equipment. We are a registered company in the state of georgi.

<[FragnServers]Jordan> Georgia

<[FragnServers]Jordan> IT would depend on your customer base

<[NFS]Allan> we have 36 servers being rented out currently

<[NFS]Allan> we have 16 locations

<[NFS]Allan> 2 boxes of each location

<[FragnServers]Jordan> Including vent?

<[NFS]Allan> yes

<[NFS]Allan> 6 game server locations

<[NFS]Allan> 10 vent

<[FragnServers]Jordan> do you own the hardware?

<[FragnServers]Jordan> if not - thats fine, just means I need to buy more boxes if we were to do the buyout and adjust the price

<[NFS]Allan> yes

<[NFS]Allan> we own the boxes

<[FragnServers]Jordan> The standard for company value range from 75%-100% of 1 years gross adjusted for company assets

<[FragnServers]Jordan> You guys have locations we are trying to move into - and we are intrested in moving into the markets

<[FragnServers]Jordan> let me speak with my investment team - we need to get signed on an NDA and we can continue talks further if this is somthing your intrestedin

<[NFS]Allan> dude

<[NFS]Allan> HOWMUCH FUCKING DOLLAR DO I GET

<[FragnServers]Jordan> well whats your gross?

<[FragnServers]Jordan> thats what it comes down to

<[NFS]Allan> fatty

<[NFS]Allan> give me an offer first

<[FragnServers]Jordan> I cant give you an offer without looking at your financials

<[FragnServers]Jordan> Thats what an offer is based off of

<[NFS]Allan> k

<[NFS]Allan> listen cock sucker

<[NFS]Allan> stop the punctuation

<[NFS]Allan> please

<[NFS]Allan> it annoys me

<[NFS]Allan> then we can do business

<[NFS]Allan> id rather buy you out

<[NFS]Allan> were to successful

<[FragnServers]Jordan> look, im not sure what kind of business you run - we are a real company - not some bullshit group run by a 16 year old.

<[NFS]Allan> 17*

<[FragnServers]Jordan> A smart business man would atleast think about an offer - before going "ghetto"

<[NFS]Allan> were real to

<[NFS]Allan> but were not hardasses

<[NFS]Allan> i make more money then your parents

<[NFS]Allan> :smile:

<[NFS]Allan> gaming servers is like a game to me

<[NFS]Allan> i specialize in webdesign

<[NFS]Allan> i run exo-media

<[NFS]Allan> 3 days ago i sold a $1500.00 webdesign

<[NFS]Allan> hmm

<[NFS]Allan> thats more then what your company is worth

<[FragnServers]Jordan> And I just signed a 12 million$/month contract for my company - if we want to compaire epeens

<[FragnServers]Jordan> but - thank you for your time

<[NFS]Allan> lol you wish

<[NFS]Allan> your a geek

<[NFS]Allan> grow up "jordan"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kids who try to run businesses are the worst. I've had some 15 year old harass my clients and try to steal them (with zero luck) I think he lost his chances after he told them to f**k off, or when the client had to explain was SSH was. He really has no clue.

Good luck with your expansions J

oh those kids and stop being mean to young kids some of us are nice and respectable im 17 i run teamservers.net with dan. I dont think ive pinched anyone from either of your client base so your well and safely secure.

see some of us are nice.

btw i love that $12 mil deal where do i get one :razz:

• 2 months later...

It's those type of people that give young entrepreneurs a bad name. I'm 17 myself, but I would never consider treating anyone like that. It's bad for business and it ruins your image. Plus - why wouldn't you use punctuation? That's not professional...

Just my 2 cents...

The age of the person running the business has nothing to do with the quality of the business nor the image it portrays. Only because the majority of 16 and 17 year-olds choose to act like they are using IM when they talk to customers and when they create their websites does it make companys started by younger people seem unprofessional.

Good for you Icer5k. I hope everything works out with your business.

I agree there are plenty out there that have zero verbal or written skills but that goes for all ages.. ;)

Most of the problem I see with younger hosters is the time involved to run their company. The simple fact is most teens really don't want to sit in front of a keyboard all day but in this business one of the main things you need is customer support that's around all the time which means staying home on the weekends and working like a fool all week..

Usually this lasts a few months until they realize the idea of working 90+ hours a week for a profit of a few bucks doesn't quite seem worth it..

Game hosting can be a good business but it's a business. If you treat it like a hobby you will be rewarded with hobby pay. You treat it like a business investment and you might last long enough to enjoy the income someday..

If this is what you are prepared for then I wish you luck.

• 2 months later...

Hey,

This is a very interesting topic, i think "kids" can run businesses if they put there mind to it, like me! I maybe be younger than every one of you here but i don't care, i have funding of my Parents who "not trying to show off" are million ares, the fact is if you have a business plan and no outside life :p well i do but its not massive, anything is possible i own 2 dedicated servers now after 2 weeks of business and i am making money! I know some people my age are vandals but i have been brought up the right way and have business in my blood from birth. I am also dyslectic but that dose not stop me,no way!

I have happy customers and i quote "server in minutes with fast support and from pple that seem to be around 24/7"

Thanks Jonathan Thirkill

http://www.YesYesHosting.com

Hey,

This is a very interesting topic, i think "kids" can run businesses if they put there mind to it, like me! I maybe be younger than every one of you here but i don't care, i have funding of my Parents who "not trying to show off" are million ares, the fact is if you have a business plan and no outside life :p well i do but its not massive, anything is possible i own 2 dedicated servers now after 2 weeks of business and i am making money! I know some people my age are vandals but i have been brought up the right way and have business in my blood from birth. I am also dyslectic but that dose not stop me,no way!

I have happy customers and i quote "server in minutes with fast support and from pple that seem to be around 24/7"

Thanks Jonathan Thirkill

http://www.YesYesHosting.com

I know I am younger than you. *16*

And I do believe some nerds (kids if you are offended) can run a real business. And like this dude I started out with the funding from my family (which are not millionaires). It all depends on the maturity level. And I am still laughing about that conversation you had about buying that kids business. I do agree with the guy that said kids don't want to sit in front of the keyboard all day, and that is almost 100% correct. But some of us kids have nothing better to do. =p

And I absolutely love your website, yesyeshosting.

The only problem I have with kids hosting GSPs is they tend to price themselves way way too low.

Then, when they realize they have 50 clients and are making enough every month to buy a happy meal, go out of business and give customers a bad taste.

Im sorry did i detect a hit of... My prices are perfect! I am making £40 Per Dedicated Server thats turn over by the way!! Thats one dedi and im renting it! The dedicated server i have just orderd is exacly the same and the profit for that one is £100-130 per month!

If i was you i woudnt be so Presumptuious on other peoples business, i know what im doing im not stuped!

Thanks,

Jonathan Thirkill

Thats good, btw i can run my prices low because i have all my servers custom built by a mate that lives in London and works for a data center!

I can get Intel Core 2 Duo 6300 @ 1.86GHz each, 2Gb Ram, 80GB HD, Windows server 2003 for £460

Thats how i can afford to keep low low prices!

Archived