I really hate this industry sometimes

Daersun

Jordan's right and I think your missing the point.

Simply stating your TOS procedures usually is all it takes. The key to running a good business is dealing with customers correctly and without favortism. Meaning you don't get into a pissing match with them and bring yourself down to that level and you make certain rules as stated in your legal terms and stick by them across the board no matter what because you might as well wipe your a$$ with the TOS if you don't follow it like you ask your customer to..

I can tell you from experience we have taken clients and were warned before hand they would be a real PITA but these very same people have been model customers.. Maybe the old saying is correct.. "Treat others with respect and you get respect".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. I'll follow my tos to the letter and turn him in to collections for the service and add my late fee in :) .LOL

I didn't miss the point Rich, Jordan. We sometimes extend to people if notified in advance of issues, just like any company would do. I actually lost a customer early on for terminating services becasue they were always late. I would kill the server and then he'd pay and bitch. We all know that your game bill is the last on the list when you have rent, utillities, etc.. I just came in here and vented because I really hate when people use that for BS.

I am really not going to cry about 9.99. Besides if the content was that important they would have paid and got it from the actuall site owner. I terminated it because it was becoming a support headache and a non paying one. msn. emails , phone calls. Like I said in a earlier post, You'd have to have the whole history. I wont support a deadbeat ;). My Bills are paid.

Either way it was Sunday, and the guy kinda irked me at 8am calling to get something he never paid for. . You wanna call me at 8am Sunday and start bitching about your stuff that didnt get paid for and was suspended. Damn right , I am going to be a a$$hole.

• 2 years later...

Wow, I don't mean to bump this post, but Patrick, that was terrible. I have been in customer support my entire life, the most notably the past 8 years doing Exchange administration and Server Administration.

If I walked into a customers place of business and said, hey customer you haven't paid your bill can we take care of this, and they also strung me out for a few weeks. I would have to POLITELY say (Even at 4am on a Sunday morning) I can not help you, I am sorry. You need to pay the bill or speak with your boss to pay it for you.

Hell, you could have helped him by trying to contact the original owner and seeing if they wanted to transfer it to the new person. If you wanted to go above and beyond, you would have(customer support, NOT billing, because you did by extending their due date 3 weeks)

Jeez. You could have easily of kept a "deadbeat" customer who might have turned into a bigger one referring more people, or he might have stayed a deadbeat. Who knows. Could have resolved it by calling the original owner if you had his number. Just saying that from a customer SERVER standpoint it was terrible. From a business standpoint you had every right to do what you did.

Just my 2 cents :(

Archived