I really hate this industry sometimes

Daersun

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im sorry did i detect a hit of... My prices are perfect! I am making £40 Per Dedicated Server thats turn over by the way!! Thats one dedi and im renting it! The dedicated server i have just orderd is exacly the same and the profit for that one is £100-130 per month!

If i was you i woudnt be so Presumptuious on other peoples business, i know what im doing im not stuped!

Thanks,

Jonathan Thirkill

Ok, I will bite!

Looked at your order form (I had not before which is the ironic thing. You are charging 16UKP for the following

10 slot CSS 100 tick

10 slot ventrilo.

You are paying 460 UKP for a server, meaning you need 28.75 customers per server to break even. Thats before ventrillo and staff costs.

Did I do my math wrong?

The problem people make is profits aren't scaleable meaning if you make $100 profit hosting one box you do not make $1000 hosting 10..

The biggest mistake you can make is underestimating the cost to run your business.

And yes I am quite sure you could find all kinds of servers for lower prices. Just check out some of the WHT offers.. You might also check some of the past offers and see how many of those guys are still in business ..

Well I had another DEADBEAT call me a Ahole today. Check this out. LOL.

"

michael: Hay I still need the files from the Echo6 website i only need the first page please

SnM Support: then pay the bill

michael: the srever has been moved to a new provider

michael: and you did not trasfer the files like you were supposed to

SnM Support: im sorry? i didnt transfer anything.. I have no obligation to transfer any files anywhere.. Last I was told by you and another member was that the bill was being paid, Which it was not!

michael: It has not becuase Ryan left the clan he started putting up bad Comments about people in the clan so I had to move the site

michael: and no one had the ability to change anything on the site

SnM Support: it's not my problem.. The way i see it you have a choice to pay the bill or not ,, then even if you paid the bill your name is not on the account so I could not send you the files anyway.

michael: i am asking you to as the owner of the name of echo6.us

SnM Support: look you are not understanding.... Its legally not your property

SnM Support: your name isnt on the account

michael: ok Fine

SnM Support: Collecting Domain Name and IP....

User: echo6us

Domain: echo6.us

Killing all processes owned by user...Done

Cleaning passwd,shadow,group....Done

Removing User from Group....Done

Removing Domlogs...Done

Removing crontab...Done

Removed Extra Entries from httpd.conf

Removed Entry from httpd.conf

Removed Entry from proftpd.conf

Removing User....Done

Removing Group....Done

Removing Named entry...echo6.us -> deleted from snmw1.

Done

Removing mail aliases...

Removing /etc/valiases/echo6.us

Done

Removing mailman lists...

Done

Removing MySQL databases and users....

Database "echo6us_BOHICA2" dropped

Database "echo6us" dropped

Done

Removing localdomains entires....Done

Adding ip back to ipaddrpool....Done

Removing Control Panel file....Done

Removing Stats Run Information....Done

Removing Proftpd File....Done

Removing bandwidth information...

Done

Notification => support@snmservers.com via EMAIL [level => 3]

Done

Updating ftp passwords for all users

Ftp password files updated.

Ftp vhost passwords synced

SnM Support: and there we have just solved your dilema

SnM Support: ;)

SnM Support: all gone

michael: your an ass hole you know that

SnM Support: i am? for terminating a deadbeat account? For not releasing Intellectual property to the non owner? For keeping myself from a lawsuit?

SnM Support: Thank you

Gotta love Sunday mornings, Drinking my coffee and having a lil chat with a deadbeat. LOL . God I love this.

Looks like you were the asshole if you asked me...

Call a big company, and ask them to do something that they cannot do. They will apologize and say they are unable to do that. I personally would be offended with the customer service you offered. I understand the account was past due, but in that case just stick to the policies you have in place.

yes I am a asshole. I didnt give a non client files that someone else owned, I terminated a 3 week past due account which was taking up space on my server. I waited 3 weeks for a payment they said was coming. Yup im an asshole ;)

Here was my Convo with the guy a week ago.

michael: the echo 6 server pill

SnM Support: pill?

michael: bill lol

SnM Support: yes it was sent

michael: how much is it

SnM Support: 9.99

michael: i am going to the bank latter today can you please put it back up tell this after noon

michael: I will be paying you after i get to the bank

SnM Support: ok you got till tonight

michael: thank you verymuch

michael: ok i went to the bank and they were closed due to some event. so i can not get the cash to you today but monday i will be paying for 2.

So turning the guys website back on, on a promise of payment over 8 days ago is being an asshole after it was already 2 weeks late? Yup..

And you feel that giving someone access to files that does not have there name on the account is ok? Cool.. Can I have access to all your client files then?

Oh yeah.. Not to mention that these guys popped there bandwidth 13 days into the month and I unsuspended the account at no charge.

LOL. 10 bucks isnt the farm. And being nice for 3 weeks waiting for that 10.00 was plenty. When he accused me of not transfering files to him which were not his Yes then I become a asshole ;) .. pay up or go away! LOL.

Besides , Tewrminating that account after 3 weeks was within my right and it made him go away instead of constantly asking for something that was not his.

Bad example.

We are not the utility company and we always try and work with clients who have been in good standing for a while. I guess you would need the whole history of a client to really make that determination.

After 3 weeks of working with a LIAR, yes I turn into a dick ;) . oh well. Tell you what. I'll reffer him to you ;) you can be nice t him.

Besides I do webhosting as a convenience not a living. They are more headaches then they are worht. You can't make money on voice and web hosting unless you do a ton of them. GSP means just that.. Game Server Provider .

Archived