TCAdmin database crashed - no way to repair it?

Dennis

Hi folks,

I went to bed early in the morning today, which apparently was a big mistake. I woke up late to millions of messages saying that our clients couldn't connect to our control panel. Whenever they tried to access the list of their game services, they would get a message that one of the tables were crashed and failed the last automatic repair.

I tried going into phpMyAdmin and repair all tables, but they still failed. I tried repairing them using MySQL command, but still failed. I couldn't even dump the database because the tables had crashed...

Thankfully we had automatic backups running, but it still took a long time trying to get it working.

Does anyone know of another way to repair the database if this happens another time? Our database takes up ~615MB of space.

Any help is much appreciated!

Dennis

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lately we've been getting "Got error 28 from storage engine" because the partition in which MySQL saves data to was filled up - there's a lot of temporary files (around 12GB for temp php files). I stopped MySQL, deleted some files in order to gain space and then started MySQL again. Immediately I saw that it reported about tables that had crashed - what I didn't notice was that it was the old database name. I never deleted it in case there was some information stored that I needed....