Arma 2 OA

NoDoze

I mentioned this in another post.... Didn't want to hijack it.

What protocol to use for Arma 2 OA...?

I got Arma 3, Arma 3 Epoch, and even Arma 2 Dayz Epoch working through a lot of trial and error, but it didn't work for Arma 2 OA.

I just think it's funny how in the other thread that was abound with criticism about sharing configs, it was said by some that they don't share configs because some GSP heavily add mods to the configs to make an edge on competition. This goes to show its not the case at all, they REALLY just don't want to share, because a protocol is the same for everyone, isn't it? I can't imagine a protocol giving an advantage!?! LOL just my 10 cents...

Half Life 2 New is the protocol I use for all the other Arma games with no issue, why it wouldn't work for OA, I have no idea. Yes, I've googled many searches. I've easily spent a week trying to get it to work, different installs on different servers, different configs, different protocols, different ports...everything a no go. I've given up to the game gods! LOL Ask me how to replicate master master between mysql and mssql, or how build a cross platform cluster, I'll have no issue, easy peasy ;) LOL Why something so simple should be so difficult...?

• 2 months later...