7 Days To Die Windows Config With Integrated Features

jeromehaynes

Well done man, this takes a lot of work and I applaud you.

For the changing port in config file; just edit the config file in the game config and use this variable: $[service.GamePort]

Thank you for your kind words! Considering Alpha 11 is almost out, and it's quite hyped over, felt kind of wrong not to atleast attempt to make it work correctly and share it :')

Such simple features to add yet so much working out to do! :p Wait so even in the game config file it will recognize that from TC Admin? Or have I misunderstood you? Is there no way to set it so that it auto inputs the correct port in with a variable in the actual game and voice services configuration?

I could just be incredibly confused on this and am making myself sound stupid :p I've always been good at configuring things till I came across things like variables and things like that which just throws me :p

Such simple features to add yet so much working out to do! :p Wait so even in the game config file it will recognize that from TC Admin? Or have I misunderstood you? Is there no way to set it so that it auto inputs the correct port in with a variable in the actual game and voice services configuration?

Basically yes.

The last thing TCAdmin does when creating a server is write the configuration files with the variables TCAdmin picks.

Like hostname, ports, these are all already set.

Say it has picked port 7000 and servername "Look at me, I am a servername."

First it copies the files to TCAFiles\User\LOOKUSER\1553\

After that it writes the server xml

Now at the places where you put variables.(You put these in the game & voice configuration section of the game, Configuration Files specifically)

It'll fill in 7000 at the port, OR AT THE COMMANDLINE, variables work there too.

And writes the server name at the correct spot.

You are the one who puts the variable at the correct spot, TCAdmin does the rest.

I am not the best at explaining things, so my bad in advance.

Figured out where that was, okay so here's the problem;

In the template it says this:

<property name="ServerPort" value="$[service.GamePort]"/> <!-- DO NOT CHANGE! -->

In the ip and port settings part of the configuration the port increment is +10 , which is correct, upon creation of a new gameserver the new port is 26910, yet it gives a pid 0 and looking inside the configuration file for that specific server, it still displays 26900 even then service.gameport variable is specified in the template file for new creation. Unless there's something I'm doing wrong?

Is there perhaps a copy of default files in the server somewhere?

That overwrites the config files?

I haven't had the time to read most of this thread, so excuse me if this isn't the answer that you guys are looking for:

When updating 7 Days to Die using SteamCMD, serverconfig.xml is overwritten. You can use the commandline to specify another name that should be used instead (like config.xml). Rename serverconfig.xml to something else and use the commandline to specify what the file is called.

Hope this helps - I will take a look at the thread later and possibly bash my head against the wall when I realise that I was completely wrong :lol:

You probably are totally right, it hit me a few minutes ago that I have the box ticked for the server to auto-update after creation therefore overwriting the config that it added in, I'll update this thread when I've released a next major version of this config and verified things are working.

Dennis - One issue I'm having is the whole backups/restore world thing, the script that came with the original version of this config it only backs up the one directory, so I could have two 7 days to die servers and it would backup the whole backup directory in C:\Users\directoryfor7dtdsavegames , and the problem with that is it's backing up worlds that aren't even for the specific gameserver, it's backing up all of them, have you got any ideas for a way to fix this? I know everyone's a bit against sharing configs, but considering I've already released this config and it's not exactly "lacking" in things, then we may aswell go all out all together :') Thank you for your help!

i'm not against sharing configs - i'll have a look at this later tonight. I'll need to finish a competitive match in csgo and then finish cleaning my room (and no, i'm not 12 years old, rofl) :)

yea well you better do your chores before you can do your computer stuff, young man.

And didn't OP already mention that in first post? "Then rename your serveradmins.xml to the one specified in the config file which is: serveradmincustom.xml "

EDIT:

I'm not against sharing configs - I'll have a look at this later tonight. I'll need to finish a competitive match in CSGO and then finish cleaning my room (and no, I'm not 12 years old, rofl) :)

New config uploaded, take a look at the first page. Oh... and everyone needs to clear their room at some point, it's only when you pair competitive match of CS:GO and then clean room it makes you 12 xD

I'm not on about sharing configs, I'm on about sharing brains, it's kinda different :p Pooling more than one mind into one config I wouldn't class as the same thing, and Razio that's for the admin file not the serverconfig file, I couldn't remember if it overwrote that too, unfortunately it does! I'd very much like to have someone to reflect on who is atleast fairly experienced with config files that way I can learn a fair amount quicker

Kind Regards,

Jerome Haynes

Edited by jeromehaynes

Allocs is not only for linux. I think the only reason the webpage says "Linux Server Management" is that it fixes stuff to work in an linux environment as well.

No point hosting a 7 days to die server without allocs server fixes really.

While I never hosted 7 days to die trough TCAdmin, we have had a total of 5 servers up in our community, and all was on Windows 2012, and all but one was using allocs server fixes :)

There will be a final version of this config coming shortly with the backup + restore feature working correctly (if anyone knows about this can they please help me) and servers aren't actually that bad without allocs fixes, but I will re-implement it for 1 click mod installation and with any luck make is to the uninstaller for it actually works. Weaklinks - Thank you for letting me know! I completely forgot about that, I will remove it for the final version :')

Thank you for the feedback - if anyone has any experience with basic ms-dos or writing tcadmin configs to help me complete this could you please let me know.

Kind Regards,

Jerome Haynes