America's Army: Proving Grounds Config and Setup

L3gacy

I'm trying to put together a config for AA:PG but am running into issues. I can't seem to get the game to run outside of TCAdmin so I'm nowhere near ready to get it running in TCAdmin yet. I'm still working on that issue though. My question, and I hope someone can help, is how do you run AA servers if they require a new IP and use default ports? Do I need to use virtual servers or is there an easier way to do this that I'm overlooking? Also, the AA community has claimed that the servers will only run on default ports but I saw a post on these forums where someone was specifying ports via command line. I tried to do that but the server kept crashing. Is there a way to make AA:PG run on different ports? I know it's a lot of questions but hopefully someone can at least point me in the right direction. Any assistance is much appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using this for the command line:

/ds MaxPlayers=$[service.Slots] ServerIP=$[service.IpAddress] SteamServerIP=$[service.QueryPort] /Auth /AuthServerUserName=$[user.UserName] /AuthServerPassword=$[user.Password] /Global /NoHomeDir /Unattended /NoPause /Log=Gameserver.log /ConfigSubDir=AAHostAServerConfig0

But the server fails to start because the launcher window starts on the server!?!

And the luncher windows doesn't have any of the comand line info automatically entered, as if it's unable to read the commandline...?

When I use the same command line when launching it via the cmd window manually, I get the same launcher window popup, again without any of the command line info.

Does anyone have an example working command line?

BTW, Yes, the server is registered.

Thanks!

Launch the game using this option:

AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe

and this command line:

server BDX_Breach_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=$[user.UserName] /AuthServerPassword=$[user.Password] /AuthServerIP=$[service.IpAddress] /STEAMSERVERIP=$[service.IpAddress] MULTIHOME=$[service.IpAddress] /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR

Thanks for the help!

Now I'm getting these two errors:

Wed May 06 10:51:42 2015 - Failure setting terminate on heap corruption: 0

Wed May 06 10:51:42 2015 - About to load Steam_api.dll from "{ROOT}\AAPG\Binaries\steam_api.dll".

Wed May 06 10:51:42 2015 - Loading Steam_api.dll

Wed May 06 10:51:42 2015 - Steam Apps init failure. Library loaded but Steam Initialization call failed.

Wed May 06 10:51:48 2015 - Loader User Prefences not stored

MASS did not have valid server mode for non-LAN server.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I got it working manually from the server, but starting it from tcadmin fails....

When I run the server manually from the tcadmin folder on the server with the AALauncher32.exe it starts with no issues. This starts the game with this command line:

"C:\TCAFiles\Users\User\236\AAPG\Binaries\win32\AAGame.exe" server BDX_Intercept_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=AuthUser /AuthServerPassword=AuthPass /AuthServerIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /STEAMSERVERIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX MULTIHOME=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig0 /SAP=8780 /SGSP=8777 /SQP=8781 /INST=1

However, when I run it from the TCAdmin Panel it first gives a "Steamworks DLL not found" error box on the server, then when OKed out of that, it is unable to authenticate the server with AA or Steam, so it fails. This is starting the game server with this command line:

C:\TCAFiles\Users\User\236\AAPG\Binaries\win32\AAGame.exe server BDX_Breach_EX /GLOBAL /AuthServerUserName=AuthUser /AuthServerPassword=AuthPass /AuthServerIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /STEAMSERVERIP=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX MULTIHOME=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX /NOPAUSE /NOHOMEDIR /CONFIGSUBDIR=AAHostAServerConfig0 /SAP=8780 /SGSP=8777 /SQP=8877 /INST=1

I was thinking running from the server the service is run as Administrator, hence why steam would work.

So I set the server to be run as Local System via the TCAdmin game config file, but this made no difference.

Could it be the " before and after the execute line? But how would I add these in tcadmin?

Thanks

Could it be that you have Steam itself installed and possibly running on the server?

If so, then you have steam's dlls loaded and cached under Administrator.

Hence it works there.

It really means you just miss the steamworks dll's(also happens with UDK games.)

Place them in the same folder as the executable for the server.

Steam.dll,steam_api.dll, tier0.dll

Might even be more like steamclient.dll

You can all find them in the steam client.

Got it working! Had to specify the working directory: AAPG\Binaries\win32\ Thanks to Luis :)

However, now the protocol isn't working....

Protocol is UT3

Rcon protocol AmericasArmy

Appears in the steam browser correctly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...