ARK Config

bad_eye

yes, im testing it now, use RConPort=$[service.RConport]? but it set only rconport to 0 , so trying to find it out know, does rconport not work if its same as query port ??

Probably separate port, most UE games have it different port.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since this version (185), the rcon is available

add "?RCONPort=[rconport]?RCONEnabled=True" in the commandline

I have choose "half life 2 new > cssource" version now i try to make webconsole available

Hmm I get a blank black screen with Web console enabled.

and get "The requested address is not valid in its context 119.252.189.95:0"

Since this version (185), the rcon is available

add "?RCONPort=[rconport]?RCONEnabled=True" in the commandline

I have choose "half life 2 new > cssource" version now i try to make webconsole available

i cant not get half life 2 new to work in tcadmin, anyone know what rcon protocol ark using?

In my experience, everytime the server saves (i.e. every 15 minutes by default) it overwrites the GameUserSettings.ini with it's current settings....

This is a common problem in Chivalry mapchanges as well I believe, but the main workaround to that is only modifying the GameUserSettings.ini when the server is stopped.

If anyone's figured how to setup the query properly (It seemed to work with the first config) but that means running the game on port 7777... perhaps -port <port> works vs ?Port=<port> ? I'll have to try it sometime

Anyone else having the problem that the user's config file (ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini) gets reset everytime they do a restart ?

I would guess it's your commandline overwriting differents between itself and the ini.

I would guess it's your commandline overwriting differents between itself and the ini.

Yeah that was it. 1 difference between the command line and the ini will result in a complete reset of the ini. Kinda strange

Just wanted to update folks, I've changed my commandline to

"TheIsland?SessionName=Feral-Frontier?QueryPort=31020?Port=31015?RCONPort=32331?RCONEnabled=True?MaxPlayers=25?ServerPassword=<snip>?ServerAdminPassword=<snip>?MultiHome=<snip>?listen"

Kept the basic info so you can check if it's up or not.

Which actually shows up on the server list and is queryable by TCadmin for slots.

You'll also see the current version in the server name on TCAdmin like Feral-Frontier - (v187.2) and whether it is passworded or not.

Everything else seems mostly gibberish like the version number or protocol on the query page.

Here is the commandline as setup in template:

"TheIsland?SessionName=$[HostName]?QueryPort=$[service.QueryPort]?Port=$[service.GamePort]?RCONPort=$[service.RConPort]?RCONEnabled=![RCONEnabled]?MaxPlayers=$[service.Slots]?ServerPassword=$[PrivatePassword]?ServerAdminPassword=$[RConPassword]?MultiHome=$[service.IpAddress]?listen"

I'm not sure how the RCON works for this game yet, must be an Unreal Engine 4 protocol or some sort. Let me know if you figure it out.

Hello everybody

huh down the configuration file and uh modified some observations made and yet fails to make it work . Basically I do not appear in the listings of the game and also tells me the slot game

ark.jpg

Edited by galdor

I guess this is why the config file was overwritten:

* Fixed a bug with structure limits (PhysX overlap limit was being exceeded), and reset the default value to 6000 (should cover even the biggest current bases that we've seen on Official Servers). The new configurable/commandline value is: NewMaxStructuresInRange=6000

Current Version: v188.0

Note: For ARK Server Admins, v188 will upon first launch overwrite your server's "ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\LinuxOrWindowsServer\GameUserSettings.ini". This was an unintended side effect of modifying the Default INI that it derives from, but sadly we can't revert the change. So you can restore your server's previous GameUserSettings INI values after updating if you wish. We'll make sure that this INI overwrite doesn't happen again, however. Thank you very much ARK Server admins!

ARK for the win once more lol