ARK Config

bad_eye

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Has anyone managed to get the web console working?

I wouldn't even know where to look..

It will not work in the current state since the server does not have any console interface or output.

They plan on adding it later

ok i have downloaded the server files,imported the xml file for windows as im running a windows dedi.

Server shows on tcadmin as running but for some reason it wont show on any server list.

I also have check the logs and it has a

APPCRASH

do i have to install the game as well as the server files????

can anyone help me here please

ok i have downloaded the server files,imported the xml file for windows as im running a windows dedi.

Server shows on tcadmin as running but for some reason it wont show on any server list.

I also have check the logs and it has a

APPCRASH

do i have to install the game as well as the server files????

can anyone help me here please

Please state your exact problem in this format:

Ark config file you're using.

What the problem is.

How many servers are you trying to run.

What Windows Platform you're trying to run the server on.

Is the Windows firewall on?

Anything else you deem relevant.

Kind Regards,

Jerome Haynes

anyone now how to get special characters in server name? i add in .ini file like this:

[sessionSettings]

SessionName="![EU]my|server|name|" <- this works in .ini file, but have to add" before every restart :S

after a restart the config file is without " before and after server name and it delete everyting after special characters and shows like this after a restart:

[sessionSettings]

SessionName=![EU]my

anyone know what to do ?

Memory leak? There was no memory leak, was there?

When the server first launched it was sitting idle using 5 gig memory so yes there was a memory leak and I still think there is a memory problem with this game. An idle server shouldn't be using 2 gigs memory.

When the server first launched it was sitting idle using 5 gig memory so yes there was a memory leak and I still think there is a memory problem with this game. An idle server shouldn't be using 2 gigs memory.

Normal The devs of the game stated you need a minimum of 5 gigs just to start it then more for every user joining

Will be nice with RCON and Server Administration UI!

Upcoming Version: 185.0

* Approximate 30% Dedicated Server performance gain

* Removed caps for Play Local menu: you can now enter any values you like into the various options' text fields and they'll be saved/used properly.

* Doubled the # of inventory slots in the fridge

* RCON for Server Admins

* Server Administration UI!

* Fixed collision on Stone Foundation/Ceiling so that you can properly fit through the Stone doorway in between them.

* Fixed case where in-ground Pillars were not being considered "Foundations"

* Air Conditioning units are 100% more powerful insulation and 100% more range

* Two new tripwire traps:audio alarm and gas bomb

* Audio-Alarm Away & Offline raiding notifications, Phase 1!

* Picking up a tripwire object now gives you the tripwire object and doesn't detonate the other end of it

* Fixed a bug with dinos that were in-taming process becoming super slow if tame process was finished after a reload

* Ceiling replacement no longer becomes obstructed by objects on the ceiling

* Reduced OP cat-tail foliage resource giving

* Eliminated issue where large amounts of structures could cause client disconnection or bandwidth starvation (mega lag)

* ARK Dev Kit Game Data Override: Create your own survival game with total capability to override the core "gamedata" of ARK in your mod: everything can then be changed, from Engrams to Items to Character States to Dossiers. You don't even need to make a new map, you can just override all values/content on the existing ARK Island!

* Mod makers can now override the minimap and spawn regions

* Mods can now force the player to spawn-in rather than displaying the respawn map

[More Notes to Come!]

Though 2gb is still high, it's much better than the 5gb it used to be! If it's just the foliage, it should be easily optimized. Glad to hear it's improved some.

yes i can maybe post a new config file if no one is before me,

i dont have time before the friday or saturday, i have so mutch work right now.

Have a ARK server up for test and it got so popular that i had to make it to 120slots, its full all the time, with bug twitch streamers that love the ark server its not getting better haha, ddos attack every 5minutes and so on, but ddos protection is a must, where do you guys rent server from? anyone else that dont rent but have own servers?

Since this version (185), the rcon is available

add "?RCONPort=[rconport]?RCONEnabled=True" in the commandline

I have choose "half life 2 new > cssource" version now i try to make webconsole available

Did it worked with half life 2 console?

Yeah pls any respons on that rcon problem i test it but nothing happen.

yes, im testing it now, use RConPort=$[service.RConport]? but it set only rconport to 0 , so trying to find it out know, does rconport not work if its same as query port ??