ARK Survival Evolved Config

Lemon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm having issues with this config. Seams that when I try to run the server, no matter what the hostname is set to it seams to run it with ARK as the server name. Only way around since I cannot figure this out is tho edit the command line and hard set the name

I've set hostnames using the command line tool as a backup. The game still uses the value the clients set in ShooterGame/Saved/Config/WHATEVERosYOUuser/GameUserSettings.ini under

[sessionSettings]

SessionName=NAMEHERE

So if anything goes wrong with GameUserSettings.ini the name falls back to the one I've set in the command line

Does anyone have an updated config for both Windows and Linux by any chance ? tried the one on this post but for some reason it will not start and says error and cant find out the reason for it.

Any config/advice would be much appreciated.

Well I could give you mine but it's the default one posted on here. No changes and nothing but it works like a charm. What error do you get ?

Hi I have sorted my error now but something really strange happens, well strange to me as I am new here lol, the start starts up as it should and I can connect to it and control panel shows it as running with the pid number etc, but after about 8-9 minutes the control panel displays it as stopped but I can still log on to it and log off it... this confuses me

Hi I have sorted my error now but something really strange happens, well strange to me as I am new here lol, the start starts up as it should and I can connect to it and control panel shows it as running with the pid number etc, but after about 8-9 minutes the control panel displays it as stopped but I can still log on to it and log off it... this confuses me

sounds like a problem with the query ports. But don't worry ark is strange sometimes my clients need to click twice on start to launch the server

yeah I have since rebooted the server and I have had it on all night and still getting the odd query errors but the main thing is it is now saying running constantly which is great :) now just to find a way to get it to run on one of my linux servers too, but not seen much info for that but am told it can be done

also does your ark remote work ? I am struggling to get it to work it give me this error when starting

"ARKRemote has now been started

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\TCAGame\Temp\788760bf-4c43-4644-ab09-002ae736d065_out.txt' because it is being used by another process."

so I guess this could be the reason it isnt working

• 2 weeks later...
also does your ark remote work ? I am struggling to get it to work it give me this error when starting

"ARKRemote has now been started

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Services\Launchers\TCAGame\Temp\788760bf-4c43-4644-ab09-002ae736d065_out.txt' because it is being used by another process."

so I guess this could be the reason it isnt working

I always got that but it stall worked :z

I took off ark remote as it did nothing at the end of the day if you set up your config right

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys

I have problem!

i cant make Ark Remote use another ip.

i can install the mod connect to ark remote, but when i start the server in ark launcher it starts on the servers main IP.. :mad:

and i tryed

"SettingOverrides": {

"MultiHome": "$[service.IpAddress]",

"Port": "$[service.GamePort]",

"QueryPort": "$[service.QueryPort]",

"MaxPlayers": "$[service.Slots]"

},

anyone have a fix for this?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so i set this up, testing it out, but even though the server shows online, it cannot be found on the server list, not even when i add it manually to the steam server list.

anyone have anything to try?, I have no firewall enabled, its a dedicated windows server 2008r2 box that its hosted on.

so i set this up, testing it out, but even though the server shows online, it cannot be found on the server list, not even when i add it manually to the steam server list.

anyone have anything to try?, I have no firewall enabled, its a dedicated windows server 2008r2 box that its hosted on.

Make sure your using the query port.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...