Crew's Ark Config Files

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Automatic mod installation is working fine. On Linux we had to create a symlink at one point, but I think it got fixed.

What you mean create a symlink can you explain, i have tried everything of my knowledge but no luck on getting it to work.

Try doing it with one server and see if it works. If it doesn't work, it's not that specific issue.

If it does fix it, you'll have to create a script that creates the symlink.

im not really understanding this one bit, sorry for not having alot of knowledge on this, is there any way you can explain this in an easier way

Automatic mod installation is working fine. On Linux we had to create a symlink at one point, but I think it got fixed.

Thank you for the help you gave me Dennis. With the link and help you gave, i did some research and found how to symlink and also found a way to fix it for all servers, current and new.

The main fix i did besides symlink is a issue with steamcmd not installing correctly on linux servers, found that fix on the steam forums.

Thanks again Dennis you were the biggest help.

The server starts with the island and I can connect and play. It?s really anoying :/

I have try to remove from the commandline, to put without the tcadmin service slots, different ways and the result is the same

thewreckingcrew6 yes, I have put in the server settings too.

Edited by DoomHammer69
Bad English

![Map]?MultiHome=$[service.IpAddress]?Port=$[service.GamePort]?QueryPort=$[service.QueryPort]?RCONPort=$[service.RConPort]?listen -server -log

This is the last wich I use without serviceslots

[/script/engine.gamesession]

MaxPlayers=70

This is overwritten when I start the server in gameusersettings.ini

Edited by DoomHammer69

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm having a problem with it downloading the mods via linux, i've checked the thread a little and noted others using linux are having similar issues. Does anyone have a resolution or work around?

Per the console it says its downloading, but none of the files are actually there. Any help is appreciated.

SteamCMD on Linux has been changed. It should be downloading to /home/username/Steam or /SteamCMD now instead of /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps.

Since the files never end up in /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/, ARK won't extract the mod files and move them to /ShooterGame/Content/Mods/.

To fix this, you just have to create a symlink between the two directories.

ln -s /home/user/Steam/steamapps/ /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/

SteamCMD on Linux has been changed. It should be downloading to /home/username/Steam or /SteamCMD now instead of /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps.

Since the files never end up in /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/, ARK won't extract the mod files and move them to /ShooterGame/Content/Mods/.

To fix this, you just have to create a symlink between the two directories.

ln -s /home/user/Steam/steamapps/ /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/

So you would have to create this symlink for every user? Were you able to do it with a script? If so would you mind sharing? I'm new to this and mods are driving me crazy!

• ucjohn unpinned this topic