Crew's Ark Config Files

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SteamCMD on Linux has been changed. It should be downloading to /home/username/Steam or /SteamCMD now instead of /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps.

Since the files never end up in /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/, ARK won't extract the mod files and move them to /ShooterGame/Content/Mods/.

To fix this, you just have to create a symlink between the two directories.

ln -s /home/user/Steam/steamapps/ /home/user/ID/Engine/Binaries/ThirdParty/SteamCMD/Linux/steamapps/

Nice, worked like a charm. I had noted the symlink you had mentioned in a earlier reply, Didn't realize it was the steamapps folder to the mod folder, i was symlinking the mod folders themselves XD.

Nice, worked like a charm. I had noted the symlink you had mentioned in a earlier reply, Didn't realize it was the steamapps folder to the mod folder, i was symlinking the mod folders themselves XD.

I spent hours trying to get this to work. I'm overlooking something. Would you mind letting me know what you did?

Its an issue with the .mod files it creates. They are wrong, i had to upload ones my own install had.

@DennisMidjord may have an idea?

Yea, I just couldn't get it to work. I went ahead and setup mod installation/removal with a script and it's working fine. I just can't get that -automanagemods to work. Had wanted to try it that way. Thanks anyway!

Hmm, that sounds weird. It works fine on Windows, and it worked fine on Linux when I tested it (but this is months ago).

If you're willing to give me root access to a server, I can take a look at the problem. The issue could be that SteamCMD is downloading to a complete different folder.

Hmm, that sounds weird. It works fine on Windows, and it worked fine on Linux when I tested it (but this is months ago).

If you're willing to give me root access to a server, I can take a look at the problem. The issue could be that SteamCMD is downloading to a complete different folder.

Thanks, I'll contact you when I have some free time.

I got it to work! I guess I was just too tired last week.. It was so simple.. I just need to learn to read! :) thanks for the help!

Edited by KGM6911

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all this work. We greatly appreciate it!

There is one thing I'm trying to figure out. When I look at this config file for Ark it seems to indicate that any game built off the template would have some of these options:

rqyqs3.png

But when I build a server with the template this is what appears on the panel:

15qclr5.png

In particular we definitely want the "mods" tool.

We had been using Ark Server Manager to manage multiple servers, but we needed a solution that allowed multiple individuals tailored access to servers for various reasons. I'm just finding the TCAdmin panel no where near as user friendly as ASM.

Thanks for you help!

The reason you aren't seeing some of the other icons is because they're disabled in the Feature Permissions tab. I'm thinking that "mods" tool isn't what you're looking for. I wouldn't consider using it for Ark unless i only wanted to offer certain mods to customers. That "mods" tool is great for stuff like Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, Eco, etc. To do Ark Mods you'll really either want to use the automanage mods feature of the config file or add your own method of adding/updating mods for ark in the console with custom scripts. TCAdmin and Ark Server Manager are nothing alike at all. You'll need to create scripts like Ark Server Manager for your TCAdmin servers.

The reason you aren't seeing some of the other icons is because they're disabled in the Feature Permissions tab. I'm thinking that "mods" tool isn't what you're looking for. I wouldn't consider using it for Ark unless i only wanted to offer certain mods to customers. That "mods" tool is great for stuff like Minecraft, 7 Days to Die, Eco, etc. To do Ark Mods you'll really either want to use the automanage mods feature of the config file or add your own method of adding/updating mods for ark in the console with custom scripts. TCAdmin and Ark Server Manager are nothing alike at all. You'll need to create scripts like Ark Server Manager for your TCAdmin servers.

Thank you for the response!

TCAdmin and Ark Server Manager do certainly meet two different business needs! I just wish we had a hybrid between the two already.

I work for a gaming community that runs mostly survival game servers for our members, but we do not run a server hosting company. We volunteer our time and resources to gamers, mod and plugin creators, and content creators (Youtube, Twitch, etc). We are not business competition to most users of TCAdmin. I would greatly appreciate any assistance people can provide and encourage you all to PM or e-mail me if you are more comfortable with that mod of communication.

How is everyone managing mod updates for Ark servers?

Adding code to the command line with mods listed in the gameusersettings.ini isn't working.

Command line add example:

-automanagedmods -MapModID=804312798

Adding ModInstaller to the end of the game.ini has been putting our test server into an endless update loop on start.

[ModInstaller]

ModIDS=682394267

ModIDS=714672786

Also can someone point me to any resource out there on script writing for TCAdmin?

Edited by RenWmn

• 2 weeks later...
the -automanagedmods command line tag is in the games code. Once you added the mods to your server all it takes is a simple steam update. Thats what I do for my servers.

Thanks for responding! In this scenario it sounds like you have all your mods listed in Gameusersettings.ini and steam update will update mods for you? No -automanagedmods in the command line? How are you installing mods?

Sorry for all the questions but some reason this isn't all working like it -should-. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for responding! In this scenario it sounds like you have all your mods listed in Gameusersettings.ini and steam update will update mods for you? No -automanagedmods in the command line? How are you installing mods?

Sorry for all the questions but some reason this isn't all working like it -should-. Thank you.

I have always just used -automanagemods in the command line with the mods listed in gameusersettings.ini and other then very large mods needing a couple restarts to fully download never had an issue with it.

I did the opposite of you, I went from TCAdmin to ASM and I found ASM lacking, easier to setup yes but lacking in features that I missed from TCAdmin.

• 3 months later...
  • ucjohn unpinned this topic