No reply to tickets

gijs007

I've been using TCadmin since 2012, but lately we're experiencing some problems with the stability of the software.

For example there are issues with the master server and database connections using SSL/TLS.

We're also having issues with the provisioning of new services on some nodes, the provisioning task for services is starting to take a long time (20+ minutes) - this seems to be related to the algorithm which looks for available ports.

We've contacted the support (Luis), but some tickets are just being closed or not being replied to. We have ticket open for 3 - 4 months, but in the last few weeks we no longer receive any reply and we still don't have a proper solution. :mad:

We also have tickets open since 2015, with suggestions for improvements to the software. But we never received any response for these tickets.

I'm a bit worried about the future of TCadmin, the development seems to have stagnated and the lack of support in certain cases is worrying. :(

I'd like to get an update on the support tickets, and a solution to the problems we're experiencing.

It's frustrating when customers contact us because the control panel doesn't respond or when the creation of a new services takes ages.

Additionally it would be nice to get a roadmap or plans for the future of TCadmin. As our business currently depends on this software and we need to know what's planned for the future.

but lately we're experiencing some problems with the stability of the software.

I thought we were the only ones. It seems that since the software went into 'STABLE' releases, it's been very unstable. We're using the latest version of Ubuntu 17 and the control panel seems to crash randomly on a few of these nodes.

I haven't had any issues with the support, though. Luis has always come back to me and always tried to fix the issue that I've had.

Yep, I've definitely noticed increased ticket response times, sometimes taking weeks for responses. Considering the price we pay I would expect a little bit better service. Not had any stability or performance issues though, running debian 8 and mono 5.

Hi Gents,

If you could please put in a ticket to the sales department and include the ticket numbers that you did not receive a response on, I will be more than happy to look into them.

With a recent MS update along with Mono updates there have been some issues with SSL/TLS. I think this is due to the current migration of all websites and web applications moving to SSL exclusively.

Soon your sites will not even be crawled by search engines if you do not a SSL cert on your entire site, not just your order pages.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
<...> As our business currently depends on this software and we need to know what's planned for the future.

Since your business so much depends on TCA, think about moving away to your own solution. Do not depend so much on third-parties.

TCA definitely rolling down the hill, just take a look at posts in forum: plenty of unanswered serious questions. Stalled development, degrading support response time. If you have serious business - these are the signs to move away and do it fast.

Aside from bashing, here is some suggestions:

1. Get a clear roadmap on your software development and communicate it to public;

2. Update your website / billing designs. Time to move away from 1995;

3. Sort out information about product feature set. Most of the information is outdated / not applicable for current software version;

4. Think about pricing strategy. Current pricing does not reflect product / support ratio;

5. Update your documentation, API. Now you are to focused on WHMCS,ClientExec, Hostbill only billing solutions. You are not developers friendly at all;

6. Do not ignore user feedback as it is now;

7. Tired from software development? Sell it and move to bahamas;

Some people say that TCA is a de facto the best GCP in industry. At the giving moment I say - no. For business purpose TCA is not viable option anymore.

For business purpose TCA is not viable option anymore.

I am sad to say that I'm starting to agree with you. TCAdmin was the only control panel that I would vouch for, but I've gotten the feeling that the stable release has more bugs than the beta release.

At this point I've just stopped creating tickets because as soon as Luis helps me fix one problem, something else starts failing.

It's so sad, because TCAdmin has good potential.

To counteract; I haven't had any problems at all in the past months.(Not even big ones before that)

I had one little fit on a remote, which I made a ticket for and I had multiple replies in the same day. Perfectly fine.

Then again, my Master runs on Windows, most people seem to have issues with the mono/Linux side.

To counteract; I haven't had any problems at all in the past months.(Not even big ones before that)

I had one little fit on a remote, which I made a ticket for and I had multiple replies in the same day. Perfectly fine.

Then again, my Master runs on Windows, most people seem to have issues with the mono/Linux side.

Don't concentrate only on ticket support. Look at overall company behavior.

Same here, not a business user only use TCA to control the clan servers and i have had no issues with TCA or support but with that said i guess im only using basic TCA services and wouldnt experience problems with WHCMS and other issues.

Only issue i see is the lack of support on the forums, i.e not many if any are prepared to help new users who are expected to already know how to configure TCA.

Other issue for clans is the cost of TCA for small users and i don't think the cost is worth it for a couple of servers so maybe TCA should look at a "limited license" of some sort?

This is just my personal opinion from what i have experienced over the last couple of years but as a whole no issues here.

I do use WHMCS and such, but whenever I have an issue, fast reply. It does seem that Linux is more unstable and such than Windows based.

Also 16 dollars a month isn't that overly pricey for a clan is it? Especially if you have a few servers already.

Have been using TCA for about 3 years now and will never look back. Yes it has its bug and yes support is slow some times but hey all software out there is the same. We are lucky thy dont make us pay for support lol.

As for gaming clans using TCA $15 is nothing.

As for the lack of support on the forums Most of us spend hours if not days making configs.

One thing the site needs is a place where people can sell configs.

All and all i give TCA a 8/10. If you are not happy go try some of the other GSP panels out there lol

Have been using TCA for about 3 years now and will never look back. Yes it has its bug and yes support is slow some times but hey all software out there is the same. We are lucky thy dont make us pay for support lol.

As for gaming clans using TCA $15 is nothing.

As for the lack of support on the forums Most of us spend hours if not days making configs.

One thing the site needs is a place where people can sell configs.

All and all i give TCA a 8/10. If you are not happy go try some of the other GSP panels out there lol

Anyone is more than welcome to offer their configs for sale in the Advertising forums. I setup a sub-forum for this a while ago: http://clientforums.tcadmin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58

I think most people do not want to share their configs due to competition. Which I can completely understand.

Archived