Ideas for TCAdmin Config Repository

ECF

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Xenforo is my choice as it's easy to work with and has loads of plugins for what is needed. Whereas Invision Power board. Or IPB is really expensive for self hosted. Upwards of $500 if not more. Whereas xenforo is less then half that and has more also

Xenforo is my choice as it's easy to work with and has loads of plugins for what is needed. Whereas Invision Power board. Or IPB is really expensive for self hosted. Upwards of $500 if not more. Whereas xenforo is less then half that and has more also

Still waiting for the plugin name for Xenforo...

I meant that ECF quoted me on one of the previous pages :p

Resouce Manager is built by the XenForo team and works wonderfully.

Man I really need to fully read replies. Haha. I thought you posted the spigots resources haha. But you were saying they use one. That's why was confused hahaha Woops. My bad

• 8 months later...
Still waiting for the plugin name for Xenforo...

As DennisMidjord have mentioned a couple of times now :p

It's called: Resource Manager

I can only recomment it as a previous webadmin on a Farming Simulator Mod website where we offered people the option to upload there mods to our site for free.

It's very easy to work with once you get to know it.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned regarding the Resource Manager is that it does support options for paid downloads as well but if I'm correct you will need an plugin for the Resource Manager to handle it.

There is also other smaller plugins for the Resource Manager to have extended changelogs and so on.

You can also have multiply uploaded versions of an config file, so lets say 7 Days To Die as an example, you could upload an config file for alpha16.4, alpha17.4 and alpha18 and so on and the user can then chose to download the latest version or an older version of the config.

Now for all those Github lovers, I do love Github as well as an developing platform (Have used it for many years as Mod developer), but for a config file, this is not really an good option IMHO.

There is so much that have to be changed each time you want to release, like manually removing important user info and each one that contributers to the config file on github will have to do the exact same way each time or there will be nothing like conflicts all the time.

Edited by Satis

Ipboard 4 has Resource manager also (Its called Download addon i think)

You can check yourself IPB has using this Download addon for hosting addons.

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/ Also its support multiple version you can choose which version want you to download. (Paid download also support).

Ofcourse the IPB not cheap. Im using IPB almost 2 year it has great support also the hole IPB has source so you can modify what you want. (Also ha converter if you want switch from vb to ipb so everything one space)