7 Days to Die Alpha 17

Skurnicki

Does anyone know how to update a server to the experimental build with tcadmin?

I've looked online and only find answers using steam tools or the steam CMD nothing specifically for tcadmin

Ive tried downloading and force updating a server with adding steam CMD to the folder

tried adding +app_update 294420 -beta latest_experimental to the extra steam commands options on the game settings

also I tried adding -beta latest_experimental to the app id as well, all no luck

Ive never done this before so I really have no idea what I am doing.

My friends and I wanna play the new update with out destroying our current server

If i could get pointed in the right direction I and my friends would appreciate. it

Skurnicki,

I believe I read in one of the 7DTD forums posts..the devs say you should do a fresh install and not an update over an existing server..

I created a custom script using the following: Found it here on another forum post so it is not my own..

@echo off

"C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Monitor\Tools\SteamCmd\steamcmd.exe" +login anonymous +force_install_dir %ThisService_RootDirectory% +app_update "294420 -beta latest_experimental" validate +quit

to handle the updates from b199 to b208

Edited by fjamieson

We did something else instead.

This doesn't really work well, since you need to manually set the query port for each client that decides to update to experimental.

Instead, we made a copy of our config, imported it as '7 Days to Die experimental', configured the ports, setup the configuration file and allowed users to use the game switcher.

I couldn't understand the game switch option how do you set it up @dennis. Would love to test out

Create a separate game called '7 Days to Die experimental' with updated config info, and let the user switch between regular 7D2D server and the experimental server.

Create a separate game called '7 Days to Die experimental' with updated config info, and let the user switch between regular 7D2D server and the experimental server.

And remember to go to each and 7 Days to Die customer's 'Service Settings' page and enable the game switcher :) Also see this: https://help.tcadmin.com/TCAdmin2_advanced_module_for_WHMCS#Sending_Allowed_Games_for_Game_Switching

• 2 weeks later...