Adding Mods to download on TCadmin

Rislem

Ok so from what I can see the issue is this part

xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER% %ROOTFOLDER%\test\

if I type out the entire command in CMD it runs perfectly, as stated it downloads the file in the correct folders I just need to copy it now but for some reason the batch file does not like the xcopy part, just tells me wrong path any better suggestions on how to do that last copy part?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try what I did. As it didn't like it and had similar issue use %ThisService_rootdirectry% or whatever it is. Br. Chane both

MODFOLDER% %ROOTFOLDER to the actual directory making sure it's like how they ate in the set modfolder and set rootfolder section ofntbte like file. And try again

Ok so from what I can see the issue is this part

xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER% %ROOTFOLDER%\test\

if I type out the entire command in CMD it runs perfectly, as stated it downloads the file in the correct folders I just need to copy it now but for some reason the batch file does not like the xcopy part, just tells me wrong path any better suggestions on how to do that last copy part?

Did you check that your directories are parsing correctly? If any of them have a space and you're not wrapping the variable in quotes then it will break at that point.

One of the reasons I use robocopy is because of xcopy being depreciated many moons ago, with xcopy, if you're trying to copy a file you have to specify the name or wildcard it (*.extension) so you may have more success with

xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %ROOTFOLDER%\test\

Edited by HellsGuard

I made mine like this and they work

robocopy  C:\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\%ThisService_ModID% %ThisService_RootDirectory%@%ThisService_ModName% /COPYALL /E /IS /IT > nul

robocopy %ThisService_RootDirectory%\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\%ThisService_ModID%\keys %ThisService_RootDirectory%\keys /COPYALL /E /IS /IT > null

just edit the directories to your setup this is for arma but jsut change to relevant for COnan

You would just have to make the variables and make sure you set it as a script parameter, then when you make the script, you would select "Prompt for variable values" so before executing the script it will prompt them to enter any variables used in the script.

It's also a good idea to use the options to configure what that prompt will look like, like a textbox, checkbox, etc.

Variable Options

Script Options

Those are what I use.

Followed your instructions created a variable for MODID & MODNAME

made a custom script exactly like yours.

when i click on the Steam workshop downloader icon it just gives me a blank page https://imgur.com/7aChtsx

No option to actually type the ID or Name

Here it is :)

MODID Variable

https://imgur.com/P3x3Vjt

MODNAME

https://imgur.com/kAjI27z

Script

https://imgur.com/DnXLrum

As a side note this is the MODID first screen of the variable

https://imgur.com/cGB7inD

Change your script to capitals for the variable names, it runs through a regex to make sure it's the same variable from the windows environment so if you use caps anywhere they have to match exact.

%ThisService_MODID%

if you use capitals in ModID then adjust that as well and report back what happened

Change your script to capitals for the variable names, it runs through a regex to make sure it's the same variable from the windows environment so if you use caps anywhere they have to match exact.

%ThisService_MODID%

if you use capitals in ModID then adjust that as well and report back what happened

Hello there, i can now input the Mod ID and Name of mod.

I will test the functionality of it.

am i required to add modlist.txt to the /Mods folder

Hello there, i can now input the Mod ID and Name of mod.

I will test the functionality of it.

am i required to add modlist.txt to the /Mods folder

At the moment yes, you could add more to the script to automatically append it to the modlist.txt as well.

echo %ThisService_MODNAME%.pak >> %CONANMODFOLDER%\modlist.txt

That will echo the mod name directly to the modlist file, >> is used to append it to a new line, however the issue with this is that whatever they type into the ModName variable will be added so it could cause issues unless they type the actual .pak name, you could script it to get the filename first then add it.

Edited by HellsGuard

Yeah its weird.

Im using 2016, i figured it out, it requires the whole path

C:\Windows\System32\xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %CONANMODFOLDER%

I now see this error..

https://imgur.com/YJtNjWx

Comment out or remove the @echo off, that way you can get full outputs to see what exactly is happening, it may be having an issue parsing a directory, then post a screenshot of the output

Comment out or remove the @echo off, that way you can get full outputs to see what exactly is happening, it may be having an issue parsing a directory, then post a screenshot of the output

Just a side thing to note, should it be Executing as the service's user?

Just a side thing to note, should it be Executing as the service's user?

That depends what the service's user is, if its TCGame (or whatever your tcadmin user is named) then it only has access rights to tcadmin folders/files, if it's local system then it will have full access.

Is SteamCMD running at all to download the mod? It appears to be erroring out as it's showing the path as ""\Monitor\Tools\SteamCmd\steamcmd

If the service isn't running as Local System, it may need more path edits, you can either try to change the Run As on the service, or manually specify the SteamCMD location by replacing %TCAdminFolder% with the directory itself, that is probably the root of all the issues because the file might not even exist to be copied.

That depends what the service's user is, if its TCGame (or whatever your tcadmin user is named) then it only has access rights to tcadmin folders/files, if it's local system then it will have full access.

Is SteamCMD running at all to download the mod? It appears to be erroring out as it's showing the path as ""\Monitor\Tools\SteamCmd\steamcmd

If the service isn't running as Local System, it may need more path edits, you can either try to change the Run As on the service, or manually specify the SteamCMD location by replacing %TCAdminFolder% with the directory itself, that is probably the root of all the issues because the file might not even exist to be copied.

Yeah its strange, i unticket that option and now this is my result

https://imgur.com/FajOAxV

it doesn't seem to be installing the mod

i dont think i have set a user up for steam auth, but that should not matter?

i dont understand this part

C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43>C:\Windows\System32\xcopy /y /i C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43\\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\880454836\*.pak C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43\\ConanSandbox\Mods

0 File(s) copied

File not found - *.pak

thanks for the help btw!

Yeah its strange, i unticket that option and now this is my result

https://imgur.com/FajOAxV

it doesn't seem to be installing the mod

i dont think i have set a user up for steam auth, but that should not matter?

i dont understand this part

C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43>C:\Windows\System32\xcopy /y /i C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43\\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\880454836\*.pak C:\TCAFiles\Users\creid\43\\ConanSandbox\Mods

0 File(s) copied

File not found - *.pak

thanks for the help btw!

Wait, you aren't removing the login information? That's how your script is, without the steam login information? If so, you need to change the steamcmd line to read ....+login anonymous .....in that section, at least then it will try with anonymous login