Adding Mods to download on TCadmin

Rislem

Wait, you aren't removing the login information? That's how your script is, without the steam login information? If so, you need to change the steamcmd line to read ....+login anonymous .....in that section, at least then it will try with anonymous login

So i have went to the conan config and added a steam account

now when i run the script i am getting this https://imgur.com/l0mryxB

its like its not finding the .pak file ?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i have went to the conan config and added a steam account

now when i run the script i am getting this https://imgur.com/l0mryxB

its like its not finding the .pak file ?

It won't find the steam login by itself, in my original script I have the steam username and password as custom variables and their default values are the login information as tcadmin doesn't have variables to fetch the steam information.

Original Script:

@echo off

:: VARS ::
SET STEAMCMD="%TCAdminFolder%"\Monitor\Tools\SteamCmd
SET LOGIN=%ThisService_SteamUser%
SET PASSWORD=%ThisService_SteamPass%

SET MODID=%ThisService_ModID%
SET MODNAME="@%ThisService_ModName%"

SET ROOTFOLDER=%ThisService_RootDirectory%
SET MODFOLDER=%ThisService_RootDirectory%\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\%MODID%
SET CONANMODFOLDER=%ThisService_RootDirectory%\ConanSandbox\Mods

:: PERFORM ::
echo ---------------------------------------------------
echo Mod Name: %MODNAME%
echo Mod ID: %MODID%
echo:
echo:

%STEAMCMD%\steamcmd +login %LOGIN% %PASSWORD% +force_install_dir %ROOTFOLDER% +workshop_download_item 440900 %MODID% +quit

robocopy %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %CONANMODFOLDER% /COPYALL /E /IS /IT > nul

echo:
echo:
echo --------------------------------------------------
echo Don't forget to add %MODNAME% to your modlist.txt
echo:
echo: 

set login and set password use my custom variables for steam, so you need to either create those variables and add the default values as the login information, or remove %LOGIN% %PASSWORD% and replace it with anonymous.

@echo off

SET MODFOLDER=%ThisService_RootDirectory%\steamapps\workshop\content\440900\%MODID%

echo:
echo:

%STEAMCMD%\steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir %ROOTFOLDER% +workshop_download_item 440900 %MODID% +quit

xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %CONANMODFOLDER%

echo:
echo:
echo:
echo: 

That code is altered to only show the anonymous line, the problem with your script right now is that it doesn't have information to pass to steamcmd so it can't log in and download the file.

Edited by HellsGuard

It won't find the steam login by itself, in my original script I have the steam username and password as custom variables and their default values are the login information as tcadmin doesn't have variables to fetch the steam information.

Original Script:

@echo off

echo:
echo:

%STEAMCMD%\steamcmd +login %LOGIN% %PASSWORD% +force_install_dir %ROOTFOLDER% +workshop_download_item 440900 %MODID% +quit

robocopy %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %CONANMODFOLDER% /COPYALL /E /IS /IT > nul

echo:
echo:
echo:
echo: 

set login and set password use my custom variables for steam, so you need to either create those variables and add the default values as the login information, or remove %LOGIN% %PASSWORD% and replace it with anonymous.

@echo off

echo:
echo:

%STEAMCMD%\steamcmd +login anonymous +force_install_dir %ROOTFOLDER% +workshop_download_item 440900 %MODID% +quit

xcopy /y /i %MODFOLDER%\*.pak %CONANMODFOLDER%

echo:
echo:
echo:
echo: 

That code is altered to only show the anonymous line, the problem with your script right now is that it doesn't have information to pass to steamcmd so it can't log in and download the file.

Hey! it is now working, or installing the mod to the correct folder at least, i tested with the mod Pippi but i think its broken due to new conan update as it said the server is not using mods, which is strange as i edited the modlist and the mod copied to the directory just fine.

But appreciate all the help on this one!

side note - the steam workshop downloader is very nice and easy for clients, however they cannot see the mods they have installed unless they FTP to there mods directory - same for removing mods, i guess they do the same thing?

Hey! it is now working, or installing the mod to the correct folder at least, i tested with the mod Pippi but i think its broken due to new conan update as it said the server is not using mods, which is strange as i edited the modlist and the mod copied to the directory just fine.

But appreciate all the help on this one!

side note - the steam workshop downloader is very nice and easy for clients, however they cannot see the mods they have installed unless they FTP to there mods directory - same for removing mods, i guess they do the same thing?

The modlist.txt has the exact FileName.pak in it? Might be a busted mod, you could try with a different mod and see if that works.

As for viewing installed mods and removing mods, you could create another script that gets the files in the mod folder and displays them on a page with an option for a drop down box that they could select and remove whichever one. I could help you script that up easily enough when I'm back at my PC, sending kids off to school right now lol

The modlist.txt has the exact FileName.pak in it? Might be a busted mod, you could try with a different mod and see if that works.

As for viewing installed mods and removing mods, you could create another script that gets the files in the mod folder and displays them on a page with an option for a drop down box that they could select and remove whichever one. I could help you script that up easily enough when I'm back at my PC, sending kids off to school right now lol

Yeah it might be the mod, although i have tried another one called LTs Compass which is outdated, but someone commented saying it still works for dedicated servers, so not to sure if i have an issue yes inside the modlist is @LTs_Compass.pak

and yeah if you wouldn't mind? do you have discord or something like this?

Yeah it might be the mod, although i have tried another one called LTs Compass which is outdated, but someone commented saying it still works for dedicated servers, so not to sure if i have an issue yes inside the modlist is @LTs_Compass.pak

and yeah if you wouldn't mind? do you have discord or something like this?

If there is an @ in front of if, there shouldn't be, it's just the filename as it appears on the .pak file. Also make sure that the @ is out of the modname variable in the script, and that if you're putting the script for other people to use make sure to add the @echo off back to the top of the script.

I do have discord, I'll have to grab it when im home again, gotta step out for a bit

If there is an @ in front of if, there shouldn't be, it's just the filename as it appears on the .pak file. Also make sure that the @ is out of the modname variable in the script, and that if you're putting the script for other people to use make sure to add the @echo off back to the top of the script.

I do have discord, I'll have to grab it when im home again, gotta step out for a bit

Ah i see i guess the @ is for DayZ? i will give that a go, but at least we know its downloading, so thank you for that

yeah sure just drop your discord and i'll add you on that!

Is anyone aware on how I can prompt for the user to enter their two factor auth code? Or would the script need to be written in Python for that to work?

Can manage this in a simple .bat file but not sure how to get it to work on TCAdmin where the script wont allow me to enter the code.

Any help? Cheers! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, are you still available to assist with this?