Wanna buy a game server company?

Defcon|Rich

So they are looking for someone to pay their past due bandwidth and equipment fees?

In return you get stuck with an overpriced bandwidth commit to Internap for another year and revenue that doesn't cover the expenses.

Sounds like a sweet deal :p

Exactly :)

If you look at their numbers... what they did was this....

end of 2nd quarter 2006...

"O shit, we are GONE"

"ok, lets stop paying the bills and let money collect in the account"

ok, we have 80k in our account - lets get the hell out of here! ... EBAY TIME!

See if they go bankrupt, the cash they cashed out with is gone... If they sell it, they get to keep it... If they sell the customers... the company remains in their name and they lose the cash...

That about sums it up.. You would need to pay the 21k before one peice of equipment could leave the DC.. I suppose the name and customers are worth something but then your only talking 300 customers which in my opinion isn't worth the hassle since 1/4 of them will leave anyway... Trust me I've bought enough server companies in my time to know it's a losing proposition..

Rich,

The bidder, after you, drove the price up three times even though no one else outbid him and that was followed up with the last bid that was fake.

I actually think your bid was the highest. Sure seems like BS.:mad:

His words,

"You can use this opportunity to just bid and win. Then for transfer you can specifically only request to take possession of the name, website, customers and turn down the s-corp, machines, & debt by refusing to take those. I'm okay with that approach and will honor such a request. So bid accordingly.

Seems to me if you were awarded the status of high bidder you would be in good position.

I have been reading this thread with interest,

I would be very cautious in taking over only the 'name, website and customers'

Given that the debt belongs to GriffinRun, I am sure there would be a good chance you would be lumped with it, whether wanted or not...

Archived