32bit Windows 2003 Service Pack 2 and TCAdmin

LFA

A fix to work around this problem has been added to TCAdmin version 1.0.2640.11313

Please read this article if you are running 32Bit Windows 2003 have installed or plan on installing Service Pack 2.

http://esupport.tcadmin.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=22

The error shown in the console or logs is:

Error: Type missing for member of type Object '_ContextID'.

Luis,

How about if all of the servers are running SP2? Is it still broken and this patch needed?

I have not updated any of mine yet, and probably will not since I have a mix of 32 bit and 64 bit. And since SP2 for 64bit is still in beta........

I have not tested it but it should work. The problem is that the new version of .NET 1.1 is expecting some new information that the old .NET 1.1 does not send.

When they release this .NET update for Windows XP and 64bit Windows all servers can have the same version and it should work. Right now if you run a mix of XP, 2003, 32bit and 64bit it is best to wait.

• 2 weeks later...

All .NET applications running on the server are using these files. They can only be renamed not deleted. This is what apply.bat does.

If you have already executed apply.bat and you are still having problems go to c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322. Delete all files in that folder with extension .tcafix then run apply.bat again.

• 3 years later...

I have this error also, my master server is 32bit and remote game server is 64bit.

Is it nothing I can do to get this to work ?

My monitor error log:

Looking for a server to create the game server...

Remote.PluginManager.GetObjectFromRemoteServer: Type missing for member of type Object '_ContextID'.

Server.InstalledGameFolders: TC7256144017175 Could not create plugin.

Remote.PluginManager.GetObjectFromRemoteServer: Type missing for member of type Object '_ContextID'.

Server.InstalledGameFolders: TC7256144017175 Could not create plugin.

GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: There are no available servers for auto setup in datacenter Norway

Server: [Auto]

Owner: OLANORMAN

Update update update! I imagine you shouldn't see this issue any longer unless "something" is way outta date...Of course, do what ECF said and Luis can affix his laser right to the problem, but, this issue is pretty old and simply ensuring everything is up to date should rectify:P

Archived