gameserver List

warcore

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

We have written our own statistics asp.net application that uses the tcadmin database to get ip, port, qport and run these against qstat to return server name online/offline, players, map and a link for details to show the players.

It also shows total servers online, offline, and players in a summary page.

It works 100% for all the games we sell, so should work for other too. We would be willing when it's finished to licence the software to other companies so that our development costs are covered, but are not looking to be silly on prices.

We have a little bit more work to do and need some input from you. There needs to be a mapping table for what you name your game servers to map to the qstat query. For example, we may have Call of duty 4 in our tcadmin, but you may call it COD4. Where should this table be stored? In the tcadmin database? in a seperate mysql? in a flat file?

Also, because the query of live game servers could be quite a large list, we are thinking of coding in a schedule every 15 minutes and storing the results in a table as it would be very resouce intensive if a few customers all clicked it at the same time.

Thanks ECF,

I did think about that, it's only a static table and we could include a create table script, but it is better outside of the database, I agree with you there. My thinking was the database already exists and we don't know if people have the ability to make an extra databases.

Appreciate the information.

Version 2 will have the ability to use a number of database types as well. So some people may not choose to use MYSql.

Just figured I would warn you before you put all the time and effort into it and we come in behind you and break it :)

Hi Guys,

Thought I would give you an update.

main.jpg

It's just about finished.

Supports the following games so far.

Armed Assault

Aliens Vs Predator 2

Americas Army

Battlefield 2

Call Of Duty

Call Of Duty United Offensive

Call Of Duty 2

Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Counter-Strike 1.6

Counter-Strike Source

Day Of Defeat Source

Enemy Territory Quake Wars

Enemy Territory

Far Cry

F.E.A.R

Garry's Mod

Half Life 2 : Death Match

Halo

Jedi Knight 3 Jedi Academy

Medal Of Honor Allied Assault

Medal Of Honor Spearhead

Medal Of Honor Breakthrough

Quake4 and older

Soldier Of Fortune 2

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Tactical Ops

Team Fortress 2

Unreal Tournament Various

Any others games people need added?

We have kept it completly seperate from tcadmin, it currently does not need to do anything other than read from your tcadmin services table to get your list of ip/port/query ports. We assume most people will do like what we do and run this locally on your tcadmin box. But we can support remote db login's if people want that.

This is not currently running from our live tcadmin, we took a copy of the schema and just added some servers in to show it working.

To add a graphs, it's going to have to keep a history of your visitors, we haven't included this as the data will get quite big. We did start doing this so we could have a kind of top fragger being the person spent the most time on the servers.

We could just keep a count of the servers / players, which would be a much smaller list and graph that.

What we are going to do is this.

We will create a non web application that you can run on your admin server. This will include in it a database that will allow you to change the logo, colour scheme etc. That way, the local database in our application can be used to cache summary statistics.

We wont store players, I really dont think anyone cares that much about them. Our graph could then show the peak players for each day in a month. A bit like how Serverspy does it now.

We are adapting it a bit to make it more generic so other people can use it, becuase of this, like I said previously, it will be chargeable, but this isn't something our business focuses on, so are just looking to recoup some of our development costs.

Archived