Server Creation Fail

warcore

Were suddenly getting these error messages when some1 orders a server, these usually set up auto. Anything to do with the script been hosting in the US when we are in the UK?

GSAutomation.Processes.CreateTeamspeakServer: Game server automation settings have not been set.

Yep tryed that and its not really made much difference,

jus got this 1 :s

GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Could not copy game server files from ftp: /Games/FEAR to C:\xxxxxxxxx\TC23030036427370165176630

Server: TC5772660124152 Slave 2 (.70)

Owner: xxxxxx

bit of a nightmare as nothing is running auto atm.

You are using folder copy from FTP. That is slow and unstable since you are copying lots of small files and the network connection stops and starts for every single file. You should use zip or rar files. For example:

Instead of C:\GameInstalls\FEAR use C:\GameInstalls\FEAR.zip

The zip file should not include the FEAR or the TCA.* folders. You don't need to change anything else in your configuration. The zip or rar files are used automatically if they exist.

• 2 months later...

I understand that it is best to RAR the skeleton folders for a better transportation between servers. But I am having a slight problem, with every new Installation TCAdmin copies the RAR file but does not extract the game. Is there a function I need to enable for that? Or is it a script I need to add?

At the moment it’s happening on the Master, and yes the file size is identical, it just won’t extract the contents of the RAR file, instead it simply copies the RAR file. Also it is a CoD4 file, haven’t tried it with any other game yet. I’ll try it with CoD2 in a minute. Does it matter if the setting of RAR Archive set to Normal or should I make it Store?

Just gotta ask.... You do have Winrar installed on the machine you are trying to install/extract it to correct?

lol. Yes. WinRAR 3.20 and it’s a licensed copy as well.

PS. Same story with CoD2 installation, so now I am totally lost.

Make sure you are naming the rar file the same as the game directory.

Example: For Call of Duty 4 say you game files directory is C:\Gameinstalls\COD4

Make sure you are only taking the contents within the COD4 directory and compressing them into a file called COD4.rar. The rar or zip file must match the directory name.

Make sure you are naming the rar file the same as the game directory.

Example: For Call of Duty 4 say you game files directory is C:\Gameinstalls\COD4

Make sure you are only taking the contents within the COD4 directory and compressing them into a file called COD4.rar. The rar or zip file must match the directory name.

Should I replace COD4 folder with COD4.rar or place the file inside the folder?

EDIT: Just tried replacing the folder itself, it worked. Thanks to everyone for your help :)

• 1 year later...

Archived