BF2142 Ranked question

Nemesis

You can become an affiliate, which I do nto think they are doing anymore. Or you can goto some place like hypernia.com. They sell whole boxes with the option to run ranked servers on them.

I know Wolfservers also had dedicated boxes with the ability to run ranked on them I think.

The problem is you will lose access to the box due to EA's rules about the ranked files.

You can become an affiliate, which I do nto think they are doing anymore. Or you can goto some place like hypernia.com. They sell whole boxes with the option to run ranked servers on them.

I know Wolfservers also had dedicated boxes with the ability to run ranked on them I think.

The problem is you will lose access to the box due to EA's rules about the ranked files.

Hypernia does not allow reselling of there ranked 2142 servers only BF2. I beleive this is to avoid all the BS EA encountered with every Tom, Dick, and Harry reselling BF2 and overloading machines for a buck.

Reselling of 2142 is not allowed by any host as far as I know .

You do however get desktop but they lockdown the Ranked files with some special software I believe.

Hey Everyone,

That is correct Patrick, you are only allow to resell BF2 as ranked, all other ranked titles are not available for reselling as per the terms set forth by EA.

Your more than welcome to sell any unranked servers or almost any other other game servers off our dedicated servers, but unfortunately BF2 is the only "Ranked" game you can resell at this time.

Im not trying to sell. I want to run a BF2142 ranked server for my clan on my dedicated server. So it's not possible? Then that also means BF2 is impossible. This is ridiculus, EA should just stop BF production and support completely if they think people like me are going to be paying $60/month for a 30 slot server when Im paying $200/month for a dedicated server.

but you have to pay for each game individually correct? Thats just it. I'm paying 200/month for a dedicated server that can run anything from CSS to Crysis and I cant even do BF2142 alone? In order to do this, I need to go pay for it seperatly with it's own marked up - sky high pricing? That's ubsurd.

the point of a dedicated server is so if you have alot of gaming servers, you dont have to pay individually but for the server as a whole. Why should BF2 and 2142 be an exception and not allowed? EA is just trully messed up.

but you have to pay for each game individually correct? Thats just it. I'm paying 200/month for a dedicated server that can run anything from CSS to Crysis and I cant even do BF2142 alone? In order to do this, I need to go pay for it seperatly with it's own marked up - sky high pricing? That's ubsurd.

the point of a dedicated server is so if you have alot of gaming servers, you dont have to pay individually but for the server as a whole. Why should BF2 and 2142 be an exception and not allowed? EA is just trully messed up.

Thats not correct at all with Hypernia. With Hypernia you only have to worry about the dedicated server price. All game installs, including ranked, are completely free of charge. You may have as many ranked servers or any other game servers running on the server box as you like.

The only limitation is the server hardware.

EDIT:

One other quick note, With Hypernia you will NOT lose full desktop or administrator access to the server box, even with ranked servers.

Cheers!

Softlayer has great deals no question. Guess you'll just have to weigh that against getting all the servers installed for you. Plus of course Specs of the systems. Hell I can put 50 games on a p4 with 1gb ram. But that doesnt mean they are gonna run smooth. ;)

I have no personal experience with Hypernia either but I do know Lane on a personal level, you couldn't ask for better support.

Well I cannot say anything about Hypernia since I have never used them. But they seem to have the right things that you are looking for, and I have not seen any hugely negative posts about them either here, or in any other forums.

Another option would be to keep your current box and simply rent a ranked server from a GSP?

Nothing against you or Hypernia Lane :) Just throwing out ideas for this person.

Well I cannot say anything about Hypernia since I have never used them. But they seem to have the right things that you are looking for, and I have not seen any hugely negative posts about them either here, or in any other forums.

Another option would be to keep your current box and simply rent a ranked server from a GSP?

Nothing against you or Hypernia Lane :) Just throwing out ideas for this person.

No worries bro :smile:

Well thanks for the options and ideas.

Just the cost of all the BF2 and BF2142 servers seperately like Gameserver.com go for an arm and 2 legs. I thought BF2142 options were still open for dedicated servers.

We do have to change servers though - I hate AMD processors and we have Windows 2003 Server which disgusts me in every way possible. So whether or not Im going to stick with Softlayer or Hypneria is the question....

Lane - what kind of services does Hypernia offer other then the front page ones.

and we have Windows 2003 Server which disgusts me in every way possible.

Why does 2003 disgust you? It is one of the strongest and least encumbered OS's out there for windows hosted machines. Granted the interface is a little different and the default browser security is a little tighter but thats about it. I actually run 2003 on a pc here at my house plus on my laptop.

Our main focus is on dedicated servers for use as game servers. Our available server package and locations can be located here: http://freerankedservers.com/

You can click on each one to find the details of the each of the servers hardware. All servers come with Server 2003.

We are also running a special, which you can locate here: http://hypernia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1057

Let me know if you have more questions :)

Lane,

Do you allow users to upgrade their ports? At 10Mbit on your:

• Quad Core Clovertown

• (Dual CPU Intel Xeon E5320)

• 2 GB Memory

• 160 GB Harddrive

• 10 Mbps Port

• Locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles,

New York, Seattle, London

You would only be able to host 1 full 64 Man server? If that?

Lane,

Do you allow users to upgrade their ports? At 10Mbit on your:

• Quad Core Clovertown

• (Dual CPU Intel Xeon E5320)

• 2 GB Memory

• 160 GB Harddrive

• 10 Mbps Port

• Locations: Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles,

New York, Seattle, London

You would only be able to host 1 full 64 Man server? If that?

Yes, you may. To upgrade to 100Mbit port there is an additional monthly fee of $15.

Windows 2003 doesnt work good with CSS ZombieMod or WCS mod. ESTools is almost comepletely incompatible rendering alot of servers with crashing left and right not to mention on Windows, ES Tools disabled majority of CSS functions such as rebuy. Linux one doesnt have these problems.

ZombieMod, everyone has night vision and cant turn it off, WCS has alot of errors and unusable races, ect.

We had a Linux 2142 server awhile back that worked great. We had linux ZombieMod also with no problems whatsoever.

So that quad core w/ 2GB memory and 160GB hard drive w/ 10Mbps port only does 1 full 64 man server? Are you talking about CSS or BF2142?

Windows 2003 doesnt work good with CSS ZombieMod or WCS mod. ESTools is almost comepletely incompatible rendering alot of servers with crashing left and right not to mention on Windows, ES Tools disabled majority of CSS functions such as rebuy. Linux one doesnt have these problems.

ZombieMod, everyone has night vision and cant turn it off, WCS has alot of errors and unusable races, ect.

We had a Linux 2142 server awhile back that worked great. We had linux ZombieMod also with no problems whatsoever.

So that quad core w/ 2GB memory and 160GB hard drive w/ 10Mbps port only does 1 full 64 man server? Are you talking about CSS or BF2142?

He was so graciously implying that you may need to upgrade the port speed on the server if you started to fill all your game servers, as BF2 and 2142 use a considerable amount of bandwidth.

The server itself can handle allot more one single 64 man game server :grin:, as it is 2 X 4 Core processors.

To be clear, as Lane has stated the server is capable of hosting more than 1 64 Man BF2server. However, the default port is not.

I'd question 10Mbit being enough for even 1 64 Man server. Of course they allow you to upgrade for $15 / month, which in this case is required.

To be clear, as Lane has stated the server is capable of hosting more than 1 64 Man BF2server. However, the default port is not.

I'd question 10Mbit being enough for even 1 64 Man server. Of course they allow you to upgrade for $15 / month, which in this case is required.

Speaking from experience.... I never saw 1 64 slot ranked server FULL push more than 4-6 meg steady and never did it burst past 8. ;) So your statement would be false about the 10Mbps port being unable to handle the traffic.

Archived