Most people are aware of this, but just an FYI

Daersun

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11...nter_breaches/

ALSO

As of 09/07/07, the following is new to Dun & Bradstreet's files:

Case Number: 2007000140951 Judgment Type: Judgment

Against: $779,777 - C.I. HOST, Date Filed: 03/05/07

INC. AND OTHERS

In Favor Of: BACKBONE COMMUNICATIONS, INC.

Where Filed: ORANGE COUNTY RECORDER OF DEEDS

SANTA ANA, CA

I say someone needs to look at there overall security measures and see whats more important to them. Paying a few thousand dollars a month to stay in business and keep there customers and employees safe. Of save a couple thousand dollars and be out of business.

Good move HM. I know at Cybercon in St. Louis you cant even get into the building and get to the 18th floor at night unless you page up to them. And during the day a security guard sits at the desk. Seems they need to either go the same route or need to start doing some internal searching of there own.

Yeah, I was in Equinix Chicago for a year and the 5 handscans and 2 badge scans plus the little airlock thing to get to the cage and another scan at the cage was a little overkill for me.

Funny thing too, when I was looking at Steadfast and spoke with Karl over there he was the one who told me about a guy who prepaid for a year @ CI host, cage I think and after 2 months or so pulled all his equipment due to there sloppy Mgt.

Equinix is INSANE, I went to a half cab there with a friend of mine (during hosting con in chicago this year)

It took us 20 minutes to get to the cabs, ive never seen so many hand scanners and key card readers lined up one after another - honestly if you can get though one, how much does 9 others help.

Haha, still weak security if you ask me. When compared to some other things with as much critical information that flows through these buildings, I find it very flawed.

Especially with as many crooked people in the world as there is.

I've experianced 10x worse, and still have seen many flaws, try getting onto LowerBase at the US Submarine Base after 9/11.....Haha..That was fun.

Well, 350 is in a growly better area, though just across I-55 can be trouble, especially at night. 900 Franklin isn't bad at night, more druggies here and there.

FYI, not every guard is armed at Equinix, just a select few, usually a couple per floor. Don't get a bond image for each one...... And in fact, I'm sure they do quite well, considering they're employees of an outside security firm.

Archived