Steam Updates

Creed3020

I am a new user to TCAdmin and after searching this forum I wasn't able to find an answer to my question.

When a user currently clicks on their "Run Steam Update" icon the new window pops up but this is what the window says:

Starting the Steam Update...

****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

********************************** ERROR **********************************

File does not exist: ./HldsUpdateTool.exe

Shouldn't it be a backwards slash?

I also know for a fact that the file is there.

Not sure how to fix this.

Thanks!

Hey doc, Noticed you have a ton of posts around this joint. Glad I get to collaborate with you here at least! We have one for now from Hypernia, and maybe more in the future :)

The problem actually was that I didn't go to System Settings> Steam Update Settings and tell it where to look.

But I will also look into what you guys recommended.

im having an issue where i run the Steam update for a server, I have the hlds file in the monitor directory, and it seems to work if i run it manually, but just doesn't wanna work in TCadmin..

It just looks like the page times out in IE7.

In system settings => "Steam Update Settings" i have "./hldsupdatetool.exe" shown in the windows settings. and "-command update -username %steamaccount% -password %steampassword% -game "%gametype%" -dir %gameserverfolder%" in command line

we are using version 1.0.2850.24132 if that helps

i tried copying the hlds file to the gameserverfolder and changed the command to this "%gameserverfolder%/hldsupdatetool.exe" to see if it would make any diference, but it was a no go

I dont see it loading up in taskmanager, or appearing on Netlimiter

but the point is that it does work via command prompt.. just not via TCadmin..

it doesn't use quotes in the comand line of TCadmin..

I've noticed from the start of the thread, that it should display this.

Starting the Steam Update...

****Don't close this window. If you close this window the update will still be executed on the server****

********************************** ERROR **********************************

File does not exist: ./HldsUpdateTool.exe

i dont even get that.. it's just a blank tab opens up and sits there untill it times out.

Before it opens the indow, i do get the popup warning with ok and cancel, saying enable popups, if a new window doesn't open

also, it does work via quotes.. try it..

It sounds like you took the downloaded installer from STEAM and put that in there instead of runnign the installer and then place the hldsupdatetoo executable in the folder.

Thats what I was thinking as reading the whole post thats what I would have done reading what peeps told him

If you need a hand drop me an e-mail or msn

Guy@24-play.com

will gladly have a look

it's not a firewall issue, because i can run it within command prompt just fine...

PB updates works fine, when it opens up another window..

i might dodgy hldsupdatetool_config.aspx ..

would someone be so nice to attach theres.. :)

It's a firewall issue in conjunction with TCA. ;)

Archived