Did anyone else try coding their own version first?

zomgmike

• 4 weeks later...
And decide you'll never get around to perfecting and refining your own version? I can't believe I even tried. :~

TCAdmin is the way to go.

I had a nice little php script for America's Army that worked pretty well.

There wasn't a DB of any kind, and it had to be edited for each customer. (making it impossible to deal with on a daily basis)

Nope. I made my initial post and was clear that there would be no timeframe mentioned.

The post was to let people know that we were not adding anymore features to V1, and only fixing problems with it. I think that is only fair that we be up front about that with our users.

I know there is a lot of grey area around the v1 to v2 licensing but some info would be helpful. I am currently buying all of my remote server licenses and if I have to repurchase v2 licenses it does not make sense for me to continue purchasing v1 licenses.

• 10 months later...

The yearly fee is for updates/patches to TCAdmin and for support. Have you tried any software from Parallels and their yearly SUS prices along with a $75 charge per support ticket? TCAdmin's prices are a drop in the bucket compared to these.

I am not jumping up and down with joy at the prospects of a possible price increase either, but I understand if they must do so. TCAdmin is a super product with super support. If you do not like the prices or the software, there are other competing products out there.

Archived