BF Ranked Servers

jointopz

Me and my partner have been looking since we started out business 2 years ago on how to apply for BF ranked servers. I have called EA, sent E-mails, you name it. I was even a BF2RS server admin for a few years, so this alone should deem me trustworthy i would think?

We kinda just gave up. Now theres BF Heroes coming and we really want to be able to host those servers, but still i dont know the correct avenue to approach them on. I know most of you guys arent gonna say much because thats the cookie jar, but any insight would be appreciated. :)

We are willing to provide servers for the community/EA. We fully understand the ROE, as BF2RS would enforce. We have plenty of customers that would buy a server from us, i have had people actually have to go elsewhere only because we dont have ranked servers. Even though they didnt want to go. :(

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I'll bump this topic because I still have not found an answer and don't want to create another topic ;-)

I am also interested in how to setup/create/partner/etc... to provide Ranked Servers. I know it is some what of a mystery, but would someone explain the steps needed to apply for this?

The ranked partners have already been selected. EA is no longer accepting any more partners.

As each new ranked game comes out people thisnk they may have a chance to get in, but EA simply uses the existing ranked partners they already have from the previous games.

Yes I think it can be resold. I saw that hypernia has a program where you rent a dedicated machine with ranked files on them, correct me if Im wrong.

We also applied around 10 times for EA license but you already know the answer, even we are the only legal Gsp in the area of Croatia, Serbia, Bosnia, MonteNegro, and the only one with the Croatian servers so... there is no Croatian BF2 ranked server...

The only way to get EA to change their stance is to get the people who buy ranked servers to quit buying them. Thats it.

Kind of like Ventrilo and Mohawk. No one buys server that make the company money, they might change their stance

Never say Never but........

That will never happen. They want their code secure.

-bobby

There is one way to become a Ranked EA server provider. Become so large of a GSP that they come to you asking you to sell their servers. Then you can tell them to stick their Ranked servers where the sun never shines.

When I win the lottery I will flood the market with $.10 a slot servers and take over the GSP industry. Then put EA games out of business

If i win the lottery i will buy all the big GSP and put all the small GSP's out of business with cheap Game Servers anywhere in the world

There is one way to become a Ranked EA server provider. Become so large of a GSP that they come to you asking you to sell their servers. Then you can tell them to stick their Ranked servers where the sun never shines.

When I win the lottery I will flood the market with $.10 a slot servers and take over the GSP industry. Then put EA games out of business

If i win the lottery i will buy all the big GSP and put all the small GSP's out of business with cheap Game Servers anywhere in the world

Idk what yall are talking about... If I win the damn lottery, I aint gonna spend it on no damn thing to do with games, I will most likely pay off this piece of shit they call a house, then sell it, then build a log cabin somewhere, and then invest it, then I might spend about 50,000 to buy out GameServers or something lmfao

:D

Archived