Fraud Alert

Steven Crothers

We recently ran into a customer who thinks its nifty to pay for a few months then call his bank and refund 100% of his invoices...

Since I can't post any information that's personally identifiable

Firstname (Since its not "identifiable"): Ortiv

Lastname Initial: I

Teamname: "Misfits"

Email Domain: gmail

State: CT

If you want further information, just email me. Watch out for him, he picks up the most expensive packages he can find, and charges them all back.

I've seen this before if you establish proper fraud control you can ussualy prevent the chargeback proving they did order it and they did recieve it. ;) It is great fun to read there statements when they get stuck with the bill, and this is far more effective then trying to track everyone that does it as you can't provide adequate information to properly screen them out.

We had the same problem with a guy. Using Paypal after he had paid us for about 3 months he tells Paypal that his account was hacked and the charges were fraudulant so they took all the payments back :~

Knowing it was the same guy because ive talked with him personally on the phone... Same name,address,phone number etc that was on his Paypal account. Still got the funds reversed and there was nothing we could do about it.

I would love to know the secrets of sticking it back to these people :cool

I gave Paypal everything and then some that they asked for but they wouldnt even investigate it really. Just took his word for it the purchases were unwaranted. Even though we have a verified business account, they wont cover losses when your dealing with intangeble goods.

lol an online money system that doesnt cover online goods :oh noes

To all of you who have had paypal reverse charges, when this happens reply to the claim saying " This is a non-tangable item". Since paypal ONLY gives refunds on tangable items, a "service" is non tangable. I was in a couple of those situations. Works everytime. :)

For all that accept credit cards. We have noticed a recent increase in attempted fraudulent charges. This must be due to a data storage company being compromised again.

Just keep an eye on those large dollar amount order coming through...

For all that accept credit cards. We have noticed a recent increase in attempted fraudulent charges. This must be due to a data storage company being compromised again.

Just keep an eye on those large dollar amount order coming through...

We've been getting orders like that almost daily as of late.. Something's going on somewhere..

Archived