Webserver requirements and port control

Hi All,

I am very interested in this panel, as the one I am currently using provides about as much support as my grans bra!

Can you confirm whether it is neccessary to have a seperate install of Apache or do you have to use IIS? Also, is there a list of ports that need opening on the firewall?

Hope you guys can help. I'm gonna DL the trial anyway.

Cheers,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Here is a quick overview of the requirements. The master server will require that you be running IIS 5.0 or higher on it. Depending on which database you choose, you may also need MYSql server running. After that the only requirements for the remote servers will be that you have .net framework installed. The remotes run a small footprint monitor program, that's it.

As far as ports. The monitor will need a port that you specify during setup for communitcations, the master will need a web port open, and you will lastly need to open FTP port(s) based on how you configure the panel.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask :grin:

Hi ECF,

Many Thanks for your response.

I have requested a trial key, but not received it yet (not sure if you can hurry along the process ;) )

Only problem I have now is that I need to get someone in our DC to put the Windows 2003 server disc in as we do not install IIS as standard on our boxes.

We already run MySQL so thats not a problem.

Only other question is are you likely to build in any integration with ModernBill? Nothing fancy, but at least so it will will suspend the game server if a payment isn't made etc...

Look forward to your reply.

Trial key should be getting pushed out sometime this morning. I will drop a note to see if it can be hurried.

We have no firm plans on integrating any billing system into the panel at this point. The reason is we are focusing on a few more general features which will benefit everyone. The idea of us coding a complete billing system has also been discussed. Which would include, ordering, setup and disabling and deletion of accounts. but we wanted to get user input on the way it should be coded before we do anything of that nature.

As far as the game directory question. Yes, the panel makes a new copy of the game files under the user's folder which they can then access vai FTP and the web filemanager. This allows you to assign as many servers to a user as you like, and they can access all of their game files from one FTP login.

I hope this info helps you :grin:

1- Hi. Your trial key has been sent.

2- Right now we don't have integration with any billing system.

3- When you create a game server it automatically copies the files to the user's folder, generates the command line, modifies the configuration file and sends the user and admin a notification email. FTP is integrated, so the user will see the files for their games automatically.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Thanks Guys - so smooth!

Subject to the trial going well, you will most likely see our order in the next day or so. (Not sure what time your up, but I'm in the UK so what sort of time does support start?

Many thanks,

Paul

</td></tr></table>

I dont mean to be intrussive but dont the forumn rules state no sigs with links to sites, and advertising in sig, i put mine up but just read the rules and removed it

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">LFA</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Yes, no advertising. We don't want your clients finding their way here and find the forum full of GSP links all over the place.

</td></tr></table>

TCAdmin is about to break the 1000 server mark. GJ

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GameConnectors</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Oh, one more question. When using the auto-game server creation area of TCAdmin, does it make a copy of the game DIR specific to that game server and then point the FTP account to that DIR?

Thanks,

Paul

</td></tr></table>

Here is a link to the directory structure documentation.

:arrow: http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

Ok, so lets say.... I've created a directory with a basic install of css. we'll call it:

c:\dconfig\css\

I've also created a user folder (not sure if I had to do this)

d:\clients\testing\

What would i put in the blanks to make it auto install? Or have I misunderstood?

Application:

Working Directory:

Game Root Directory:

User Files Directory:

you don't need to create any user folders. You would only need d:\clients. When you create a user and create a game server it will create the user's folder. You would only need to manually create the folder if you are creating a service manually.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">GHideout</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Application:

Working Directory:

Game Root Directory:

User Files Directory:

</td></tr></table>

Is this when manually creating a service or when configuring a game for automatic setup?

Archived