Webserver requirements and port control

Here us a link to a directory structure document which will give you an overview of how it should be setup.

:arrow: http://www.tcadmin.com/downloads/directories.pdf

Once you have your directories setup, you can place the game install files or the .zip files in the proper location. You will need to add and/or configure the game for which you would like the automation process to work. That would include specifying the .exe, and paths to files within the System Settings>Supported Games> section. You will also need to add your command line variables, along with your server.cfg file. Only then will a game be ready for automation. If you do not configure the backend properly, automation will not work.

May I suggest you import one of the config files from the forums and take a look at the setup of one. This should give you an idea of how to configure games on your own. ;)

An easy sample:

Download wolfet.exe and install to a folder named WOLFET inside your game installations folder.

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.src?file=WolfET.exe&size=270305943

Download and import this file:

http://forums.tcadmin.com/viewtopic.php?t=118

Go to the "Create Game Server" page and fill in all the required information.

In about 3 minutes your Enemy Territory Server will be ready.

The mods and patches won't work because you will need the files. You can download the mods and save them to a folder named TCA.Mods inside your WolfET folder.

The patch files can be created using the Update File Generator. Just run the Generator, select the downloaded patch exe and under that select your wolfet installation folder. Click on "run the update". After running the update click on "generate zip file". Save it to a folder named TCA.Patches inside your Enemy Territory installation folder.

Log in to your control panel, go to system settings > supported games, select Wolfenstein Enemy Territory. Click on "Game Updates" and configure your new patch.

Ok, so I've installed W:ET to the WOLFET directory in my default game giles dir.

I imported the specified config file.

I went to my admin home and clicked on Gaming Services.

I clicked on new service.

Display Name: Testing

GameType: Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

Slots: 10

Selected a valid IP

Left default ports

Application: ET.exe

Working Directory: /

Game Root Directory: /

User Files Directory: /

Additional argument: <blank>

Gave it affinity to a CPU

Clicked save

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">Quote:</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

Service has been created.

</td></tr></table>

No files were copied, and starting the server does nothing. Where did I mess up?

You created a service manually. To use the automation click on Create a Game and Voice Server icon from the main menu.

I would recommend you delete the one you have just created so it is not left there.

services > new service is for manually creating a service. This is for when you already have a game server running and just want to be able to control it.

Where you should go is to "Create a Game and Voice Server" in the main page (right after you log in as admin).

Ah, I knew I was just missing one step. If it were me I'd put the word "automated" or something to that note in the descripting instead of create a game and voice server...

Thanks for your patience with me!

First thing to check is make sure that you have a server.cfg file within the install files. Second, make sure it is blank. The panel creates the .cfg file from the one you have stored in your database. But you must have a blank server.cfg file within your install directory so they panel has something to copy over and write contents to. If it is not present it will copy the files, but fail on writing the config file.

Delete the folder which the panel created from your users file folder and check what I said above. Then try it again.

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText">ECF</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

First thing to check is make sure that you have a server.cfg file within the install files. Second, make sure it is blank. The panel creates the .cfg file from the one you have stored in your database. But you must have a blank server.cfg file within your install directory so they panel has something to copy over and write contents to. If it is not present it will copy the files, but fail on writing the config file.

Delete the folder which the panel created from your users file folder and check what I said above. Then try it again.

</td></tr></table>

Ok, I did that with the same outcome. Files were copied, nothing was written to server.cfg.

Make sure you set your email settings so the panel can notify you of any errors. Check the Logs folder on you master for a file named Mail.Errors.txt and update your email in the admin's profile.

Looking through the logs files I found this...

5/4/2005 1:42:29 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Could not write to D:\clients\ADMIN\GameServers\TC83100572031523871868600\\cstrike\cfg\server.cfg.

Looks like you have an extra \ in your path.

Go into Sytem Settings>Supported Games, and click on the Couterstrike game in the list. Then please post what you have set for the following 2 fields.

Relative Working Directory

and

Relative User Files Directory

Just keep in mind that any file links that you create within the panel will be relative to the User's Path. In this instance we set the users path to /cstrike/ for this game.

The file link for server.cfg will look like this in the current config:

cfg/server.cfg

However if we change the User's path to reflect the top directory of /

then we would want to add the link to the server.cfg file as this:

/strike/cfg/server.cfg

• 9 months later...

Archived