Bandwith packages

Coe

The best way to handle this is to offer the TS3 server without transfer for x amount a slot. Then have transfer bandwidth blocks setup as add-ons to the original server price.

I don't see to many people using the file transfer but it is good to be prepared.

I can see it now.

Users can upload just about any filesize and file type which is stored on your Server, then when a user downloads it it comes down uncapped unless you restrict the transfer rate and quota's.

I see a entirely new Illegal Torrent community opening up from this! All of it hosted on the ATHP's boxes!

LOL

Time to revisit the TOS and AUP with the legal department.

Next thing you know you will have illegal content housed on your servers...

Bythe way, the bandwidth limiting has been added in the new update that was released today.

Just noticed a little issue with the quotas as well.

Setting a avatar requires some sort of upload qouta as its stored on the server. I created a server and it was at 0u/0d no avatar showed.

I then set it to allow 1MB up 0down and Voila! Avatar appeared.

So a minimum upload quota is required for it to allow avatars to be set.

Maybe add a default upload size of 1MB for Virtual servr installs ?

also I think that quota applies to a per transfer not a limit on the actual ammount allowed to be stored. I havent fully tested uploading more than one 1MB file to see if its a per upload cap or total allowance.

This might turn out to be a headache!

I am curious what everyone will price packages for bandwidth add-ons at.

not planning to even enable the feature yet. Too risky. Not to mention I dotn trust yet the system. Dont wana look like paranoid but you can upload executables and if somehow an exploit let a hacker execute the uploaded file on ur machine...

Ima just wait and see how it goes for those who take the risk :D

anyway file upload is a fancy thing, dont think this is a must have for a team.

We won;t be offering it.

If you want file hosting get a website. ;)

Torrent city is what it will be..

I agree with you here. The amount of work it would take just to monitor this would be insane and not even worth the few dollars you would be able to charge for it.

I agree with you here. The amount of work it would take just to monitor this would be insane and not even worth the few dollars you would be able to charge for it.

Also some have been reporting in the TS3 forums about 100Mbit usage. Seems like they didn;t lock down the servers and the clients are maxing out thier port speeds . LMAO!!

I can honeslty say... I told you so. ;)

Archived