Odd problem with TCAdmin

PRoConHosting

Hello. I am renting a dedicated server and I have the datacenter edition of TCAdmin. I run a business that hosts a program called PRoCon for administrators of Bad Company 2 game servers.

I have TCAdmin set up so I can create a new instance of PRoCon for a new customer. It creates the files without a problem, but I have a strange problem with some of my installs. Using TCAdmin, the .exe file for PRoCon is run when someone clicks on the "Start" button for PRoCon. There are no command line arguments. Currently I have 13 customers. For 7 of them, this works just fine. For the other 6, this happens:

If I click on "Start" and watch the task manager, I see a new instance of PRoCon start up. However, when I use the client program that connects to PRoCon, it says that the connection was refused. If I stop it in TCAdmin, it does go away in the task manager. If I then start PRoCon directly from the folder, I can connect with the client software without a problem.

So, since this problem only occurs when using TCAdmin to start it, I can't help but think this is a TCAdmin problem. Any thoughts?

I have one other problem. Sometimes when I install PRoCon through TCAdmin, and I go to the customer's account, it will show PRoCon in an "Unknown" status. Restarting TCAdmin and even restarting the box isn't clearing it out. It remains in "Unknown" status. I set up 4 customers today and this happened to 3 of them.

Any thoughts on these problems would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Unregistered
reboot the dedicated server

Tried it already...

Restarting TCAdmin and even restarting the box isn't clearing it out.

I did some checking in the logs and found this. I am new to TCAdmin, so please forgive my ignorance. :) Also I am waiting for a reply from my provider, but figured you guys would have some experience in this:

I'm seeing this over and over in the monitor.security.txt:

3/26/2010 3:33:28 PM : Access Denied: 64.34.178.153

I see this error in the Monitor.txt file:

3/26/2010 11:08:12 AM : Could not find game files on the master FTP server but will use local file copy...

This is in console.txt:

Access Denied: 64.34.178.153

Encryption.StreamToString: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Access Denied: 64.34.178.153

Encryption.StreamToString: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

StandardPlugins.Services.ServiceManager.Start: Cannot open TC25022751802141684141763 service on computer '.'.

This is in Monitor.Errors.txt:

3/26/2010 11:08:29 AM : StandardPlugins.Services.ServiceInstallation.Execute: Exit Code: -1073741502 Error Message:

3/26/2010 11:08:29 AM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Service was saved to the database but could not be installed.

how do u store u copy of the game files? Locla on every machine or on one file machine?

Because: Could not find game files on the master FTP server but will use local file copy...

I could find the Files on ur "master" file server, so it looks localy and i think its also not found there

When a game installs, it should download the files from the Master, and leave a local copy in the GameFiles defined folder. Couple things that could go wrong:

a) The folder is not created, and the file cannot be stored properly, this will cause an abort.

b) Your FTP Server information is not properly configured, and it cannot properly connect to the FTP Server.

c) The filenames are incorrect, or misspelled in the gameconfiguration or on the masterftp. Double check all names, capitalization and archival methods to assure all files are proper.

You can essentially 'route' around the masterftp problem by doing what Jaggl said, and storing a direct copy locally prior to setup. This will then bypass the masterftp, and utilize the local copy as long as the filesizes are correct. You can use a regular FTP program to transfer the gamefiles into the machine prior to a gameserver instance installation.

well he has some installed but not workin with TCA. I have that too sometimes, fortnately not much, like 1 server/month turning crazy and suddently not starting anymore with TCA but working fine when started manually in RDP. What I do is a backup of server files, reinstall and then restore.

edit : only saving the service properties again works only in 25%.

how do u store u copy of the game files? Locla on every machine or on one file machine?

Because: Could not find game files on the master FTP server but will use local file copy...

I could find the Files on ur "master" file server, so it looks localy and i think its also not found there

I have the files stored on the same server that I am running PRoCon in the gamesinstall/procon folder.

Just tried installing another PRoCon and Im getting "Unknown" as the status and this error in the logs:

3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : StandardPlugins.Services.ServiceInstallation.Execute: Exit Code: -1073741502 Error Message:

3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Service was saved to the database but could not be installed."3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : StandardPlugins.Services.ServiceInstallation.Execute: Exit Code: -1073741502 Error Message:

3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Service was saved to the database but could not be installed.

Oops. that got a big jumbled and I can't edit posts...

3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : StandardPlugins.Services.ServiceInstallation.Execute: Exit Code: -1073741502 Error Message:

3/27/2010 1:10:12 PM : GSAutomation.Processes.CreateGameServer: Service was saved to the database but could not be installed.

Again. Posting here will not do anything as your provider needs to fix them. There is nothing that anyone here or we can do as far as support as we do not control your provider's system.

You need to speak to them to get this fixed.

Again. Posting here will not do anything as your provider needs to fix them. There is nothing that anyone here or we can do as far as support as we do not control your provider's system.

You need to speak to them to get this fixed.

I am waiting for a reply from them, but if I can benefit from the knowledge of the people here, I might be able to get it fixed faster.

You worked for Wolf Servers and they were bought out by AOWC. Do you not work part time as tech support now for AOWC? If not, maybe they should since it's been so long without an answer to your ticket. AOWC seems to want to get in quite a bit of trouble lately. They resell AA honor licenses to those who get dedicated servers from them and were caught recently for that and now they allow people to lease their dedicated servers to rent bc2 servers. Wonder what's next from them. This is assuming who you got it from.

You do not have access to fix the problem. The issue will need to be fixed on your providers end not yours. That is what I have been trying to tell you.

Ahaha, I think you have said that 4 times already.

/smacks head!

Also...

Michael Kalms Developer for DICE has already stated that running 3rd party utilities for BC2

on the same machine as the BC2 server is not allowed..

Either way you are SOL. ;)

Remember what you learned as a kid about the word ASSUME?

What makes you think this is being done on a box that has BC2 ranked servers on it?

In any case, I had the OS reinstalled and that fixed the Unknown erorrs which seemed to have been caused by missing DLL's in the OS. I did end up having to run most of my PRoCon instances with Interact with Desktop, but that actually made things a bit easier for me. In any case, it's working for me know with 25 customers, monitoring 40 BC2 servers.

You worked for Wolf Servers and they were bought out by AOWC. Do you not work part time as tech support now for AOWC? If not, maybe they should since it's been so long without an answer to your ticket. AOWC seems to want to get in quite a bit of trouble lately. They resell AA honor licenses to those who get dedicated servers from them and were caught recently for that and now they allow people to lease their dedicated servers to rent bc2 servers. Wonder what's next from them. This is assuming who you got it from.

I do not do support for AOWC, only part time support for Wolf. They rent out BC2 servers on dedicated servers by removing RDP access and the customer controls the servers with TCAdmin. You obviously didn't even read the first post, as I'm not renting BC2 servers from my dedicated box.

Not sure what this has anything to do with the problem I was posting about unless you were just trying to be a troll.

Archived