Killing Floor won't download

Dennis

Hi

When trying to install KF on Windows, it says that I don't have a subscription (logged in as anonymous). If I tried installing on Linux, it said

There is an error in XML document (21, 37).

There is an error in XML document (21, 37).

What's causing this?

I had an issue like this about a month ago. Wipe out the steamcmd folder except for the actual executable and run it so it downloads/updates. Killing floor may then download but still be out of date, I had to upload my client copy. Since then for whatever reason it has worked fine. Weird and YYMV but, the above fixed my issue. GL

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks, icekohl.

Everything is working fine now. I just think that it's a bit weird that it cannot download the game files. We've tried on 3 different servers now. It still gave me an error after I used my own account. When downloading all of the files through SteamCMD manually and placing them in /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/kf-linux, it worked fine. Updating the server went fine as well, but if I delete the content of /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/kf-linux, it gives me the same error. However, I somehow got it working (I just tried doing the steps again), and then I tried deleting the content of kf-linux, and guess what... Now it doesn't work anymore... Whenever I try making a new server, it says Error: The file /home/tcagame/Dennis/169/System/ucc-bin does not exist

The file is found ind the /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games/kf-linux directory, but is apparently not being copied to the new game server. Anyone got a clue?

Edit: Deleted the contents once again, and now it works again... This is the weirdest thing ever lol.

Another thing; I'm using my own Steam Account for the download and update, as the game cannot be downloaded without a subscription. Whenever someone updates or a new game server is downloaded, I get thrown off of Steam. Is there a way to fix that?

Edited by DennisMidjord

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I finally got it working.. Kind of.

When the game is being downloaded, it creates a folder called /System where the server's executables are located. However, when someone updates the server using SteamCMD, it deletes all files in /System, and it creates a new folder called /system where the executables are located.