Looking for 7 Days to die

dangioffre

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is what I have found trying to set up the Seven Days to Die server on a Windows Server 2008 x64 R2.

First I tried using the Windows config for TC Admin which was posted in this thread.

The config seems to work fine, the Seven Days to Die server would start right away, but the ports were not responding. I double-checked configs, port numbers were right. Firewall open, IP accessible, all that.

Running the launch script manually from the CMD, the command instantaneously completes - it will not hang in a console like most other game servers. However, a 7DaysToDie.exe process has been spawned, but still not accessible by the port. Changing ports did not work either.

Looking at the config I found there was a port set up for some game control panel, so I tried to access this port and had a webpage returned. Logging in here with default password CHANGEME revealed a console which revealed on last line: "DllNotFoundException: SteamworksNative64".

I though this was finally the error, simply checking for the DLL SteamworksNative64.

However, that DLL was present already. I tried copying it to various subfolders, but no luck. Other suggestions said, maybe I needed to execute Install_64bit.bat. Doing that changed nothing either.

I found AppID 294420 here: https://steamdb.info/app/294420/ (Dedicated Server)

and tried downloading that rather than the commonly used AppID 251570 (7 Days to Die the game)

Files looked the same, result was the same.

I tried running as Administrator, rather than the TCagame account. No luck either.

Many of my attempts would rather than making the server accessible, simply make the game control console webpage inaccessible instead, making me look at the logs instead, still complaining about that missing DLL.

Last resort: Install the Steam GUI client, download 7 Days to Die Dedicated server from "Tools" and run this from command line like all other. Same story.

I tried copying these files to the tcadmin location of the server files, I tried running these files as TCAGame account, but neither of these attempt had any success.

I did make sure to terminate 7DaysToDie.exe process after each and every attempt.

Has anyone experienced something like this, what are your experiences and in what environments?

Edited by zoon
details

Here is what I have found trying to set up the Seven Days to Die server on a Windows Server 2008 x64 R2.

First I tried using the Windows config for TC Admin which was posted in this thread.

The config seems to work fine, the Seven Days to Die server would start right away, but the ports were not responding. I double-checked configs, port numbers were right. Firewall open, IP accessible, all that.

Running the launch script manually from the CMD, the command instantaneously completes - it will not hang in a console like most other game servers. However, a 7DaysToDie.exe process has been spawned, but still not accessible by the port. Changing ports did not work either.

Looking at the config I found there was a port set up for some game control panel, so I tried to access this port and had a webpage returned. Logging in here with default password CHANGEME revealed a console which revealed on last line: "DllNotFoundException: SteamworksNative64".

I though this was finally the error, simply checking for the DLL SteamworksNative64.

However, that DLL was present already. I tried copying it to various subfolders, but no luck. Other suggestions said, maybe I needed to execute Install_64bit.bat. Doing that changed nothing either.

I found AppID 294420 here: https://steamdb.info/app/294420/ (Dedicated Server)

and tried downloading that rather than the commonly used AppID 251570 (7 Days to Die the game)

Files looked the same, result was the same.

I tried running as Administrator, rather than the TCagame account. No luck either.

Many of my attempts would rather than making the server accessible, simply make the game control console webpage inaccessible instead, making me look at the logs instead, still complaining about that missing DLL.

Last resort: Install the Steam GUI client, download 7 Days to Die Dedicated server from "Tools" and run this from command line like all other. Same story.

I tried copying these files to the tcadmin location of the server files, I tried running these files as TCAGame account, but neither of these attempt had any success.

I did make sure to terminate 7DaysToDie.exe process after each and every attempt.

Has anyone experienced something like this, what are your experiences and in what environments?

Did you manage to get this sorted? We had the same issue. Try installing the C++ redistributable files (.NET 4.5 framework) It worked for us.

Did you manage to get this sorted? We had the same issue. Try installing the C++ redistributable files (.NET 4.5 framework) It worked for us.

Yes Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is required.

As for the files you must own the game (I use steamcmd) and if 64bit run the Install_64bit.bat (not sure if required on 32bit)

Edited by dmustanger

Is there anyway to get the webconsole to pickup the telnet console?

I really hope 7DTD will implement a normal console and not that telnet crap.

I am also getting an error with my game client. When I connected the first time everything worked fine. Now, whenever I try to connect, the game tells me connection failed. The telnet console does not even recognize my connection attempt.

• 1 month later...