Life Is Feudal config

mrmike

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The config provided previously is for a minimal setup, this config has the configs setup, variables created, database creation scripts and configuration manager working. This comes from a working setup which I created and is on our servers. Edit the scripts to provide the correct database username, password, ip etc.

lif - Windows .xml

Edited by thevisad

• 2 weeks later...

My advice is to not attempt to use MySQL.

MariaDB is not the future of MySQL, it is a flavor of MySQL that is optimized for a different transaction set. There are special features/commands that are in MariaDB that are not in MySQL, the developers use these features/commands with their interface.

We use MariaDB 10 and it works very well.

You may need to write some custom scripting for service creation and backup / restore... but those core functions are very similar to MySQL functions and processes.

• 4 months later...
The config provided previously is for a minimal setup, this config has the configs setup, variables created, database creation scripts and configuration manager working. This comes from a working setup which I created and is on our servers. Edit the scripts to provide the correct database username, password, ip etc.

I am using this config with Maria 5.5, I was trying to tune up some things, but it was just horrible fail.

I am using this from this config:

create user script:

@echo off

set dbname=%ThisGame_ShortName%_%ThisService_ServiceId%

set dbuser=%ThisUser_UserName%_%ThisGame_ShortName%_%ThisService_ServiceId%

set dbpassword=%ThisUser_Password%

set mysqluser=tcadmin

set mysqlpassword=secure_pass

set mysqlhost=127.0.0.1

set mysqlport=mariadb_port

"C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysql" -h %mysqlhost% -u %mysqluser% -p%mysqlpassword% -P %mysqlport% -e "CREATE USER '%dbuser%'@'localhost';"

"C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysql" -h %mysqlhost% -u %mysqluser% -p%mysqlpassword% -P %mysqlport% -e "SET PASSWORD FOR '%dbuser%'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('%dbpassword%');"

"C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysql" -h %mysqlhost% -u %mysqluser% -p%mysqlpassword% -P %mysqlport% -e "GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `lif_%ThisService_ServiceId%` . * TO '%dbuser%'@'localhost';"

delete database script:

set dbname=%ThisGame_ShortName%_%ThisService_ServiceId%

set dbuser=%ThisUser_UserName%_%ThisUser_UserId%_%ThisService_ServiceId%

set mysqluser=tcadmin

set mysqlpassword=secure_pass

set mysqlhost=127.0.0.1

set mysqlport=mariadb_port

"C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysql" -h %mysqlhost% -u %mysqluser% -p%mysqlpassword% -P mysqlport%% -e "DROP USER '%dbuser%'@'localhost';"

"C:\Program Files\MariaDB 5.5\bin\mysql" -h %mysqlhost% -u %mysqluser% -p%mysqlpassword% -P mysqlport%% -e "DROP DATABASE IF EXISTS %dbname%;"

none of them is working for me

If I want to run LiF gameservice, I have to manualy add user and DB into mariaDB, then the config is working for me

I was looking for script to backup database for user with a button in game panel, but I didnt have luck for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Would it be possible for someone to post the updated XML with information on how to properly set up MariaDB, as I'm having trouble adding this game to my TC Admin.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by djotabr

• 9 months later...

Just started a few days ago but managed to get this working using the helpful IronPython examples in the manual and the previous Config which saved some time editing.

Figured I would share the love since I've downloaded a few from the forums myself.

It uses MySQL as the database so if you are using MariaDB you may have to change things a bit. I haven't found any issues with this yet but it's still early ;)

You will need to edit the scripts to properly connect to your database. It will create lif_1, lif_2, etc. based on the Server #.

If you find any errors in what I've done please let me know and I'll try to correct them.

lif - Windows.xml

Edited by Amadeux

• 3 years later...

can you help me understand this error: 

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IDENTIFIED BY '1040vdow86'' at line 1

Edited by Ebarker
changed question