Rust & Rust Experimental

SuB-Revolt

Hi dudes,

So I figured since this game is quite popular and on demand, we should have a conversation going about our issues, and our fixes. This game is in such an early stage that there are tons of matters related to rcon, console not working, and so on.

I would like to address my current issues.

I have setup the servers, and it works fine with the right command line:

RustDedicated.exe -batchmode +server.hostname "Montr?al | Communaut? Rust Qu?b?coise #1 | Active Admins" +server.port 28225 +server.identity "SNK" +server.seed 6738 +server.maxplayers 300 +server.saveinterval 30

But I have one single problem: RCON & Console Commands.

Since Garry is such a great dude, he made sure that the Client Console is totally useless when it comes to rcon.login + rcon commands. So now we have to use web console or Rusty Tool. But hey guess what, Rusty tool does not work for some reason if you are running your game servers on TC Admin.

Would love to get some insights from you guys on what you might have resolved and what your issues are right now.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

You can't download the game anymore.

Steam>app_update 258550 -beta experimental validate

Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)

Success! App '258550' fully installed.

Steam>

On all of our servers, which run Debian 7.5, it just says that the files are updated, even though nothing is there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive managed to get a TEMPLATE made for this game which can do everything apart from interact with the server console via Web console. Has anybody found out how to make it so you can CHOOSE which ip you want to load on?

Final Question: What protocols does rust use on TCAdmin?

Ive managed to get a TEMPLATE made for this game which can do everything apart from interact with the server console via Web console. Has anybody found out how to make it so you can CHOOSE which ip you want to load on?

Final Question: What protocols does rust use on TCAdmin?

You can start it with the -ip command line parameter.

If I recall correctly, you should be able to use the HL2 new query protocol for query.

This is my current commandline setup:

-batchmode +server.ip $[service.IpAddress] +server.port $[service.GamePort] +server.maxplayers $[service.Slots] +rcon.ip $[service.IpAddress] +rcon.port $[service.RConPort] ![rconpass] ![hostname] +server.identity "![identity]" ![save] +server.tickrate 30 ![seed]

which inside tcadmin looks like this:

-batchmode +server.ip 5.39.6.168 +server.port 28015 +server.maxplayers 50 +rcon.ip 5.39.6.168 +rcon.port 28015 +rcon.password "****" +server.hostname "SimplyFrag Hosting" +server.identity "123" +server.saveinterval 300 +server.tickrate 30 +server.seed 6738 -cfg "server\123\cfg\server.cfg" -logFile "log.txt" +server.secure

When trying to load gameserver on 5.39.6.168:28015 it still only loads on: 94.23.60.99:28016 SimplyFrag Hosting (according to HLSW)

Thing is its just not using the MAIN ip but ill give it a try

-batchmode +server.ip 5.39.6.168 +server.port 28015 +server.maxplayers 50 +server.hostname "SimplyFrag Hosting" +server.identity "123" -cfg "server\123\cfg\server.cfg" -logFile "log.txt"

Still goes onto 94.23.60.99:28015

Edited by simplyfrag

• 4 weeks later...

hello friends tcadmin and state configrandolo use several hours for it to work 100% and stable server, I work all web console, STATISTICS, and all, but I have two problems I think is common to everyone

1st problem is that the server-law entered the water is not visible

2nd problem rcon not work, and read grabbing need a mod called Oxidon or something someone can tell me where to get and how to install

Use this command line

-batchmode + server.ip rcon.ip xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx + + server.port server.maxplayers xxxxxx + 50 + server.hostname "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" + server.identity "SNK" + server.seed 6738 -map rust_island_2013 + rcon.password "xxxxx "+ + server.saveinterval rcon.port 30 -datadir xxxxxxxx" ServerData / "

• 3 months later...