Rust & Rust Experimental

SuB-Revolt

Yes. Just make the web console read from the log file.

Thanks. But how do I make input work?

Since the last update, Console does not work anymore for me, not even in Windows GUI.. It just opens rustdedicated window with nothing inside it, but I can join the server.

Edit: oh and query doesn't work, it cant display players online etc.. It worked before, not now. I haven't changed anything.

Edited by krazos

• 3 weeks later...

hi, Im trying to setup a rust server using tcadmin 2.0 on windows server 2008 r2, I have setup a custom config and everything appears to work tcadmin side, i.e server shows as running, can start stop ect. But i cannot connect or see the server at all, I have checked the task manager on my server and the rustdedicated.exe is running using 3.5gb ram and 0% cpu? I have tried to manually connect using client.connect in game but allways says connection failed.

I also quickly installed a wolfienstien server just to make sure it wasnt an error in my tcadmin setup and that runs fine and I can connect no issues. I would appreciate any advice anyone has.

Thanks

Initialize engine version: 5.1.0f3 (ec70b008569d)

Forcing GfxDevice: 4

NullGfxDevice:

Version: NULL 1.0 [1.0]

Renderer: Null Device

Vendor: Unity Technologies

FMOD failed to get driver capabilities ... Error initializing output device.

(Filename: Line: 477)

FMOD failed to get driver capabilities ... Error initializing output device.

(Filename: Line: 477)

Crash!!!

That's not the output I need. If I remember correctly, a file called Output_Log.txt will be created somewhere on the server, og you can use -log "name.txt" to create a logfile manually. I need the input of that file.

Put the hostname in quotes. Not sure it'll fix anything, but just do it for the sake of it being correct :p

Also, try something like this: -batchmode +server.hostname "[EU] Cyrex | MAP | TP | HOMES | GATHERER 5x | BOUNTY SYSTEM" +server.maxplayers 50 +server.port 28015 +server.identity "identities" +server.level "HapisIsland" +server.saveinterval 60 +server.secure True +rcon.password "test123" +rcon.ip 37.187.129.33 +rcon.port 28017 -logFile "log.txt"

ok tried with this commandline -batchmode +server.hostname "[EGA]" +server.maxplayers 50 +server.port 28015 +server.identity "identities" +server.level "HapisIsland" +server.saveinterval 60 +server.secure True +rcon.password "test123" +rcon.ip 193.111.140.207 +rcon.port 28216 -logFile "log.txt"

i now can see variables ect when i click server activity (before it said connection failed) however it is not showing a server name now, and I still cant connect in-game, cant seem to see a log.txt file now either, where would this file create? thanks

Problem fixed. Installed DirectX and did something which was assumably magical, because the server is up and running, lol

We were able to start the game server using RDP, but not from TCAdmin. After a restart of the monitor and service manager, everything seems to be working fine.