Rust

Spitfire

having more cores necessarily doesn't make performance better it just means lower clock speed as rust only really does run better on 2 cores you're better off getting a high end quad like in 8700K you can peak @ 5GH on to cores easily and you can run 250 slots+ no problem whatsoever

i can hold 350 slots on most of mine 8700k boxes should you wish to go that high but bear in mind you need lot of RAM as it will consume most of your RAM if your server is highly populated

Edited by Rads

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Mine is the same as razio. Rust. Maxes out my server then once fully booted it calms. Down lot's. Can I ask a question gijs007. Where do tmyou get your server from. I've been looking for one like that with. Lots of cores n ram. A link would be great

I'm colocating it.

if I recall this part was known. When Rust starts up it maxxes out the entire server. After that it calms down.

Okay, so it's "normal" then. How long does it take to start up? It calms down for like a minute and then go's back up and remains high even after one hour..

Is there any way to automate the core assignment in TCadmin so Rust only uses one or two cores and doesn't lag the rest of the system?

Edited by gijs007

• 4 months later...
I'm colocating it.

Okay, so it's "normal" then. How long does it take to start up? It calms down for like a minute and then go's back up and remains high even after one hour..

Is there any way to automate the core assignment in TCadmin so Rust only uses one or two cores and doesn't lag the rest of the system?

Searching also for a way to let rust on the first like 10 minutes after start only use one or two threads, so it doesn't lagg out the whole system and causing other players to get kicked for flooding sometimes.

I'm colocating it.

Probably, by using CPU affinity. I'd guess they can be set using the billing API, but I'm not entirely sure.

Anyone know why the web console on 2016 isnt working anymore?

It seems to send the command, but in the service manager view it does write the command but not hit enter to actually send it.

Also in that view (seen in screenshot) i cant do anything, not even moving mouse or open the other gameserver window.

0fb20d66-4c6c-4a02-9a3e-e6035ab055c4.png

Can confirm. You can't send commands using the web console anymore.

I can also confirm that Interactive Services Interaction freezes when opened on Windows Server 2016, and it's not possible to do anything. You have to stop the RDP session in order to get out of it.

Anyone wanting to use this Rust - Linux config may. I've been keeping it updated to the latest build of rust. It also has oxide prebuilt into it for easy one-click installs.

Made it so you can add custom maps into the command line and also started adding a few mods into the backend for auto install.

Rust - Linux.xml

Edited by mox
to update the rust tcadmin config

• 6 months later...