Palworld

DEMMERS

Palworld

Configuration should work out of the box. Editing the config of the server via the Visual Editor should work great. Spent several hours on it.

Installation

1. Download the config
  2. Go to TCAdmin > System > Settings > Game & Voice Hosting > Game & Other Voice Servers > Import
  3. Save the config as a new config or chose "Overwrite existing config" if you which to overwrite your current config.
  4. Leave all other settings

Query is still being messy, some settings weren't included but have their defaults in place as variables so it works.

Query was disabled as it doesn't work. Let's hope we get something in the future.

Will update as I update my personal server.

I believe your config requires further small modification as following:

* you havnt specified custom port in the config and you dont need it

* -publicport in the startup commandline argument could be the same as -port:

-port=$[Service.GamePort] -publicport=$[Service.GamePort]

As i see in most of the docs that -publicport is 8211 which is the game default port.

On the other hand, i see some users using -log -nosteam at the end of the commandline but not sure if it take effects.

Hi @DEMMERS

I agree with the above I have revised your config a bit.

• Redundant command lines were removed and replaced with a single command line. i cant find the settings you added from the official docs
    240121-0e0f7D1O5r.png
-ServerName="$[HostName]" -port=$[Service.GamePort] -players=$[Service.Slots] -log -nosteam -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer
  • IP & ports section cleaned up - it seems if you have multiple IPs the game cannot bind to the IP even if it is set in the ini or command line (you can try ForceBindIP if you want i personally dont like adding another 3rd party to the mix)
    • query doesn't work so ive just put the same port as the game port
    • disabled query logging so it doesn't keep rebooting the server.
    • removed the custom port expression not sure what this was for?
      240121-9E1H4o0I6d.png
  • Adjusted the run as for TCAGame to a unique OS user for each service (i prefer this but you can keep it as TCAGame)
    • Steam settings also execute as the services user due to the above setting
    • Turned off verify/validate & update after created (again my personal preference)
  • Fixed feature permission section to show all the correct permissions a normal user would need.
  • Enabled web console even though it shows f*ck all (will probably disable)
  • Palworldsettings.ini had the incorrect hostname variable, i have fixed it to use $[HostName] instead of $[Service.IpHostname]

That's about it, more than happy to DM you the config if you wish, i still need to test the config editor out i see some users reporting the incorrect values, which will need fixing (the default values)

Adam I installed this but was having issues with health regen and Pal damage. I went in the config template and found some setting had 0.1 instead of 1. The attached picture shows which variables I changed from 0.1 to 1. After changing them my autoregenhealth and pal damage started working again.

image.png.863bfa19b009dc2fa1b5a762ed3374e4.png

15 hours ago, LamboS2N said:

Adam I installed this but was having issues with health regen and Pal damage.

I have fixed this. There were some typos in the variables

see below fixed variables

; Changes to this file will be reflected on the server.
; If any server settings are missing, please contact your assigned server technician.
[/Script/Pal.PalGameWorldSettings]
OptionSettings=(Difficulty=![Difficulty],DayTimeSpeedRate=![DayTimeSpeedRate],NightTimeSpeedRate=![NightTimeSpeedRate],ExpRate=![ExpRate],PalCaptureRate=![PalCaptureRate],PalSpawnNumRate=![PalSpawnNumRate],PalDamageRateAttack=![PalDamageRateAttack],PalDamageRateDefense=![PalDamageRateDefense],PlayerDamageRateAttack=![PlayerDamageRateAttack],PlayerDamageRateDefense=![PlayerDamageRateDefense],PlayerStomachDecreaceRate=![PlayerStomachDecreaceRate],PlayerStaminaDecreaceRate=![PlayerStaminaDecreaceRate],PlayerAutoHPRegeneRate=![PlayerAutoHPRegenRate],PlayerAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=![PlayerAutoHpRegenRateInSleep],PalStomachDecreaceRate=![PalStomachDecreaceRate],PalStaminaDecreaceRate=![PalStaminaDecreaceRate],PalAutoHPRegeneRate=![PalAutoHPRegenRate],PalAutoHpRegeneRateInSleep=![PalAutoHpRegenRateInSleep],BuildObjectDamageRate=![BuildObjectDamageRate],BuildObjectDeteriorationDamageRate=![BuildObjectDeteriorationDamageRate],CollectionDropRate=![CollectionDropRate],CollectionObjectHpRate=![CollectionObjectHpRate],CollectionObjectRespawnSpeedRate=![CollectionObjectRespawnSpeedRate],EnemyDropItemRate=![EnemyDropItemRate],DeathPenalty=![DeathPenalty],bEnablePlayerToPlayerDamage=![bEnablePlayerToPlayerDamage],bEnableFriendlyFire=![bEnableFriendlyFire],bEnableInvaderEnemy=![bEnableInvaderEnemy],bActiveUNKO=![bActiveUNKO],bEnableAimAssistPad=![bEnableAimAssistPad],bEnableAimAssistKeyboard=![bEnableAimAssistKeyboard],DropItemMaxNum=![DropItemMaxNum],DropItemMaxNum_UNKO=![DropItemMaxNum_UNKO],BaseCampMaxNum=![BaseCampMaxNum],BaseCampWorkerMaxNum=![BaseCampWorkerMaxNum],DropItemAliveMaxHours=![DropItemAliveMaxHours],bAutoResetGuildNoOnlinePlayers=![bAutoResetGuildNoOnlinePlayers],AutoResetGuildTimeNoOnlinePlayers=![AutoResetGuildTimeNoOnlinePlayers],GuildPlayerMaxNum=![GuildPlayerMaxNum],PalEggDefaultHatchingTime=![PalEggDefaultHatchingTime],WorkSpeedRate=![WorkSpeedRate],bIsMultiplay=![bIsMultiplay],bIsPvP=![bIsPvP],bCanPickupOtherGuildDeathPenaltyDrop=![bCanPickupOtherGuildDeathPenaltyDrop],bEnableNonLoginPenalty=![bEnableNonLoginPenalty],bEnableFastTravel=![bEnableFastTravel],bIsStartLocationSelectByMap=![bIsStartLocationSelectByMap],bExistPlayerAfterLogout=![bExistPlayerAfterLogout],bEnableDefenseOtherGuildPlayer=![bEnableDefenseOtherGuildPlayer],CoopPlayerMaxNum=![CoopPlayerMaxNum],ServerPlayerMaxNum=$[Service.Slots],ServerName="$[HostName]",ServerDescription="![ServerDescription]",AdminPassword="![AdminPassword]",ServerPassword="![ServerPassword]",PublicPort=$[Service.GamePort],PublicIP="$[Service.IpAddress]",RCONEnabled=![RCONEnabled],RCONPort=$[Service.RConPort],Region="![Region]",bUseAuth=![bUseAuth],BanListURL="![BanListURL]")

You can insert the above into the config settings > Configuration files > Pal\Saved\Config\WindowsServer\PalWorldSettings.ini > template tab

Best to reinstall your palworld server so variables can take effect

On 1/21/2024 at 9:44 PM, CloudNine said:

What is the rcon protocol to use? 

CounterStrikeSource. It's the same as ARK. You can use either a tool like ARRCon or the web console if you set it to use RCon protocol

Edited by KnightHawk201

Im not able to get the server to show up in the server list, im not sure if its the public port being set to 0, i have also tried setting it to a couple of the other ports. I did noticed the message about servers not appearing though.

Edited by XYBERVIRI

You want publicport as your gameport, and yes server browser is broken currently, disable the password if you have one set then use the IP:Port in the direct connection box at the bottom of the server browser. If your server shows RAM usage above 1GB you should be good, if it's stuck on 7MB update C++

On 1/21/2024 at 7:59 PM, Adam said:

Hi @DEMMERS

I agree with the above I have revised your config a bit.

• Redundant command lines were removed and replaced with a single command line. i cant find the settings you added from the official docs
    240121-0e0f7D1O5r.png
-ServerName="$[HostName]" -port=$[Service.GamePort] -players=$[Service.Slots] -log -nosteam -useperfthreads -NoAsyncLoadingThread -UseMultithreadForDS EpicApp=PalServer
  • IP & ports section cleaned up - it seems if you have multiple IPs the game cannot bind to the IP even if it is set in the ini or command line (you can try ForceBindIP if you want i personally dont like adding another 3rd party to the mix)
    • query doesn't work so ive just put the same port as the game port
    • disabled query logging so it doesn't keep rebooting the server.
    • removed the custom port expression not sure what this was for?
      240121-9E1H4o0I6d.png
  • Adjusted the run as for TCAGame to a unique OS user for each service (i prefer this but you can keep it as TCAGame)
    • Steam settings also execute as the services user due to the above setting
    • Turned off verify/validate & update after created (again my personal preference)
  • Fixed feature permission section to show all the correct permissions a normal user would need.
  • Enabled web console even though it shows f*ck all (will probably disable)
  • Palworldsettings.ini had the incorrect hostname variable, i have fixed it to use $[HostName] instead of $[Service.IpHostname]

That's about it, more than happy to DM you the config if you wish, i still need to test the config editor out i see some users reporting the incorrect values, which will need fixing (the default values)

Hey any chance you could send me your config for this 🙂

@Adam
I'd also be interested in your config.

I've tried the config from Demmers. So far the server starts, and uses about 1gb of RAM.
However the console shows no text at all, and when I try to join, I'm told the server isn't reachable.
Not sure what is up with that, since there isn't any logging or error messages.

it using 1 GB memory when idle is normal
There is currently nothing in the console last I checked anyway
Have you tried connecting using the ip:port ?
Make sure those ports are open on your firewall

Here is an RCON script that works for us for now

import clr;
import System;
from System import String, Environment, PlatformID;
from System.IO import Directory, Path;
from System.Diagnostics import Process;
p = Process();
p.StartInfo.FileName=Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "Tools\SourceRcon.exe");
p.StartInfo.Arguments=String.Format("{0} {1} \"{2}\" \"{3}\"", ThisService.IpAddress, ThisService.RConPort, ThisService.RConPassword, RConCommand);
p.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory=Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "Tools");
p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True;
p.Start();
ReturnValue= p.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();

where do you put this for the rcon? 

SuperNova

Here is an RCON script that works for us for now

import clr;
import System;
from System import String, Environment, PlatformID;
from System.IO import Directory, Path;
from System.Diagnostics import Process;
p = Process();
p.StartInfo.FileName=Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "Tools\SourceRcon.exe");
p.StartInfo.Arguments=String.Format("{0} {1} \"{2}\" \"{3}\"", ThisService.IpAddress, ThisService.RConPort, ThisService.RConPassword, RConCommand);
p.StartInfo.WorkingDirectory=Path.Combine(Directory.GetCurrentDirectory(), "Tools");
p.StartInfo.UseShellExecute = False;
p.StartInfo.RedirectStandardOutput = True;
p.Start();
ReturnValue= p.StandardOutput.ReadToEnd();

Edited by ibun_bloodarm

@Rislem

I've checked the firewall rules, and even tried with the firewall disabled.

At first I did notice I was missing the latest visual studio runtime, and was notified about this. Which caused an issue starting the server initially.
Perhaps I'm missing another dependency? Seems like its either this or a config error.

When running it locally, installed directly through the steam client, at least the dedicated server console shows:
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 2394010

Update: seems it does indeed just show an empty console, and is running fine. Found it was binding to a different IP than what is configured.

Edited by gijs007

1 hour ago, KnightHawk201 said:

Я предполагаю, что проблемы случайной потери персонажей все еще возникают у большинства людей? Просто убеждаюсь, что мы не единственные.

There have been no complaints from customers about such a problem yet