vinc718

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
TCAdmin can control any game with an .exe file. Your host would be responsible for getting the panel to work with the game.

I am the host :p Just new to the panel.

Anyway I got it I just click on new and add the service myself. But I don't know the variables for a correct command line, it's not q3 engine anymore but unreal3

For most other games it's all pre-configured, how long does it take tcadmin to add it to supported games?

When I first started, the config file issue was my biggest hangup with TCAdmin. 2 months later I find creating config files is not hard to do it

Also ECF is right, it is best to do your own. I find stuff I don't like in the stock configs or the configs that people post.

• 2 weeks later...

Until you can figure away around the config files being stored in the c:\My Documents\EA\ folder I don't see the server files as much use. You can put a config file argument in the command line and I tried to specify a location for the config file but it fails. Another annoying feature is you have to have an EA account user and pass specified in the config like R6LV.

The dedicated server patch is a joke.

DSLauncher will only read the default ini config file. It was suppose to read multiple different named ini files but it won't. Cannot bind the server to multiple IP's, only to multiple ports (and that is if it would actually read multiple ini files).

In short, you can only run 1 server the way it is now. Or multiple servers on different ports using the same config file. The DSLauncher will only look for the ini file in C:\My Documents\EA\ folder. Only 12 max slots hardcoded into the dslauncher.exe. People tweaked the ini for more slots such as 16 and 24 however, the game has random results, mostly which clients have a hard time connecting. The in game info only shows 12 people max, so a server running more than 12 has random clients popping in and out during play.

This has to be the worst launch for a massively popular game series that I have ever seen.

They want you to upload the entire game (single player cut scenes, maps, intro videos, etc. all 6.15 gb). First you have to patch the game locally, install the dedicated patch locally, then upload the entire installation. Not to mention having to log in to EA with purchaser credentials to even run the dedi server.

How does a company like EA take a huge step back in time?

Amazing. Put this one on the shelf.

The only way this could work in the current form, is to not give a client access to their config file and have them modify changes via the rcon which unfortunately will reset when the server is reset. You could technically run multiple games on the same server by having them call different ini files via the command line and just change the ports.

On a side note, does anyone know of a UT3 based game that does have a functional multiplayer? R6LV is horrible and now add MOH Airborne to the collection.

AMAZING.... I can't believe we've waited an extra month for this crap and it doesn't even function as it's needed.

Does EA realize that it's the multi-player aspect that sells the majority of games out there... I don't even remember the last time purchased a game just to play the single player side. Actually I can't remember the last time I even played SP..... Maybe it was MOHAA and that was what... a decade ago?

Obviously this game isn't sellable yet. What a waste of money the vast majority have spent on this game.

Way-To-Go EA

MOHAA was tight! A classic, lol. And what really bothers me if the whole server delivery system period. Why can't all game server designers be like Steam/Valve. I love how its a simple command line and it downloads/updates all your shit. Everything should be like this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use