TCAdmin + Linux = More Money!

Guest KP-Dallas

Guest KP-Dallas

Hey Guys-Will You Ever Be Making TCAdmin Work With A Linux Box? I Have 2 Windows Servers And 4Linux Boxes Is There A Way I Could Run TCAdmin On My Linux Boxes?

If Not,Is There Any Chance Of Seeing A Linux Verision Of TCAdmin :) Best Of Luck

Dallas Singletary

CEO/Founder

KillerPings,LLC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Humm i just wonder how many of you your selfs are kiddy ? before calling some kiddy you may never know who is.. for all we know defcon servers could be kiddy hell tcadmin may be kiddy. All im saying it that this is the internet any own could be any thing there not what they say.

Humm i just wonder how many of you your selfs are kiddy ? before calling some kiddy you may never know who is.. for all we know defcon servers could be kiddy hell tcadmin may be kiddy. All im saying it that this is the internet any own could be any thing there not what they say.

I could care less who is actually sitting at the keyboard, I am referring to who is responsible when the sky falls in. If a kid can get there parents to fill out the proper paperwork and sign the contracts but the kid actually handles the day to day affairs I don't consider it a kiddy business. Mom and Dad took the responsibility and if Jr decides to take the clients money and not pay the bills, mom and dad are responsible.

There is a very large number of so called GSPs out there that have no paperwork behind them, and a kid at the keyboard. So when things go south no one can be held responsible for the bills.

Yes a non legit company could be run by an adult, and there is no way to tell for certain. But sorry if I offend some adult but since they are acting like a kid I'm going to lump them in with the kiddy business.

And yes some of the legit business are being manned by someone under legal age, but they have done things correctly and had the proper paperwork and legalities taken care of so they are acting like an adult and hence I will term them as an adult business regardless of the age off the person manning the keyboard.

So yes you can tell the difference between them if you know what you are doing, but alas the average consumer can't tell the difference over the internet, hence the reason those cons have started to thrive.

Simple, There is a much higher percentage of kidy hosters that use linux as it is free, then windows.

Bingo.

The kiddies go for the free operating systems instead of paying for a Windows license. Also most kids only focus on HL and HL2 based games which are available in Linux. Most new game releases are not even offering Linux game server files.

Well,I Run Linux For Servers.And I Am No Kid,But,Then Again I Also Have Windows Server 08, Were I Run ONLY my TCAdmin Master And My BlackBerry Enterprise Server So I Can Get Support E-Mail For My Company Also,http://www.solidgameservers.com Runs linux and scott is no kid,best service i have gotten so far,He Kinda Inspired me to start my own host :)

You know I bet allot of hosts who use Linux are offended by the statement that the Linux OS is for kiddies.

GameServers.com, largest host in the industry uses linux. Obviously there's something to Linux and gameservers if the largest company on the planet uses it. It is obviously a key to success for them. So to summarily write off linux as a "Free Alternative" is just not right. Linux uses resources far better then any windows machine, not to mention its flexibility to offer a customized solution is greater.

PS: To the Santa Clause question though, if we doing a pool I'm going to join the 50-60 range for 10 e-dollars.

Hey Steven C. is older than me :) I have you by 10 years Rich (1960), Bobby should be close too :) And Dave from NRT has me by a couple years too :)

My son is as old as many here and my girlfriend's son is 35....

Back to the Linux vs Windows, TCAdmin sis have a beta for Linux a couple years ago that some are still using. The problem with Linux is there are so many variations of it that can be a bear for them to support. Plus it seems like most PC games are much slower in releasing linux binaries and also patches. TCAdmin made a business decision to halt the work on Linux, and it is entirely up to them as to if they want to start it up again or not. If they did support Linux, I might run a few on it, but Windows works for my needs. To me the cost of Windows over Linux is a moot point, with the MS SPLA licensing pricing, it is not that bad.

Archived