TCAdmin + Linux = More Money!

Guest KP-Dallas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
Guest Kovax
Bingo.

The kiddies go for the free operating systems instead of paying for a Windows license. Also most kids only focus on HL and HL2 based games which are available in Linux. Most new game releases are not even offering Linux game server files.

Linux is the best operating system for server machines. Who buys windows for a whole money is kiddy.

Linux is the best operating system for server machines. Who buys windows for a whole money is kiddy.

you are a joke.

both have advantages and disadvantages.

there isn't a "superior" os to each other. its what you like best and what you know best.

Linux is a free OS.

Microsoft isn't. (but you can get it legit free if you know how)

but there isn't a "BEST" OS. both have flaws both have weaknesses.

do your research and state your "PROOF OF FACT" before you say nonsense things.

Because when you said

"Who buys windows for a whole money is kiddy"

.. now your acting like a kid. how does spending money into an OS means your a kid? ... it actually even show your money towarsd the company then using a free OS with a FREE panel like swiftpanel since its free till 2010. to me, I would say they are a joke. But I can't say Linux is a joke. both have good and bads like I mention. Now it shows to me.. that all window os users, actually have money to fund their own company and not "kids" like you who use linux. that is what your trying to tell me.

so.. does it mean if im paying for TCadmin and not paying for swift panel or gamecpanel it means im a kid? it means ALL Of us are kids?

jsut cause we want to use a good panel with good support that cost money? ha.

you are a joke.

both have advantages and disadvantages.

there isn't a "superior" os to each other. its what you like best and what you know best.

Linux is a free OS.

Microsoft isn't. (but you can get it legit free if you know how)

but there isn't a "BEST" OS. both have flaws both have weaknesses.

do your research and state your "PROOF OF FACT" before you say nonsense things.

Because when you said

"Who buys windows for a whole money is kiddy"

.. now your acting like a kid. how does spending money into an OS means your a kid? ... it actually even show your money towarsd the company then using a free OS with a FREE panel like swiftpanel since its free till 2010. to me, I would say they are a joke. But I can't say Linux is a joke. both have good and bads like I mention. Now it shows to me.. that all window os users, actually have money to fund their own company and not "kids" like you who use linux. that is what your trying to tell me.

so.. does it mean if im paying for TCadmin and not paying for swift panel or gamecpanel it means im a kid? it means ALL Of us are kids?

jsut cause we want to use a good panel with good support that cost money? ha.

I actually tested the cPanel GPS on our web servers, there still working on it(it is free for now if you have a cpanel license) but I've had less server crashing and more uptime on the linux box compared to winblows. You don't have to restart a linux server once a week or more and I'm not knocking TCA it's the best CP for games out there now but like you said it's more of a personal experience and preference I would say. Personally I would love to see TCA incorporated into linux but then again there's not as many linux game versions out but that would probably change also. Just because somebody wants to use linux doesn't mean there being cheap either.

but I've had less server crashing and more uptime on the linux box compared to winblows. You don't have to restart a linux server once a week or more

Don't have to restart windows that often as long as you know what your doing, except for the rare oddball situation my servers are only restarted once a month and do quit well.

As for game server crashing it varies from game to game, I have some that behave better on linux some that behave better on windows. But there are less and less games available on linux (especially in a timly fasion!)

I actually tested the cPanel GPS on our web servers, there still working on it(it is free for now if you have a cpanel license) but I've had less server crashing and more uptime on the linux box compared to winblows. You don't have to restart a linux server once a week or more and I'm not knocking TCA it's the best CP for games out there now but like you said it's more of a personal experience and preference I would say. Personally I would love to see TCA incorporated into linux but then again there's not as many linux game versions out but that would probably change also. Just because somebody wants to use linux doesn't mean there being cheap either.

i was not saying Just because somebody wants to use linux doesn't mean there being cheap either.

I was referring that to the top message where a guy just bashes on window and said "linux" is the best gaming os just because people like me and many others PAID for window .. which he refers as "kiddish" .. which means "dumb" basically.

• 10 months later...
Guest Jimmy06
Don't have to restart windows that often as long as you know what your doing, except for the rare oddball situation my servers are only restarted once a month and do quit well.

As for game server crashing it varies from game to game, I have some that behave better on linux some that behave better on windows. But there are less and less games available on linux (especially in a timly fasion!)

Haa Haa once a month ?

13:41:22 up 329 days, 15:45, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.26, 0.25

and by the way im not a kiddy.

Haa Haa once a month ?

13:41:22 up 329 days, 15:45, 1 user, load average: 0.23, 0.26, 0.25

and by the way im not a kiddy.

irrelevant and useless.

FYI a monthly operation is nothing when you are a real server admin.

if you wana run with linux gd for you. The fact TCA is windows only for now just keeps some (not all) wanabe GSP's / kids away as they cant/dont want to pay licences.

Guest Jimmy06

What you have stated is also irrelevent to what OS GSP's use. In my experiance as a GSP most of the industry uses linux as there os because of its uptime and stability. what i wrote a comment to actually had relevence. What you wrote a comment to has no relevence. Did i mention license fee's ? If kids want to run Servers like you say the'll download a torrent copy of windows. they wont use linux because they wont even understand how to login. The stats i sent there are from a machine running Servers, yes granted the server had no one playing on it. But then again i was replying to uptime and windows not if people had money or methods on how to steal an OS.

Next time save your comments for something relevent and stop telling other people that there comments are irelevent to something the've quoted. Silly windows fag.

I would like to point out that 30 days up time is not long and my view on whice OS to use is use what you know best. Alot of GSP restart there servers at silly AM anyway for some reason.

• 2 weeks later...
What you have stated is also irrelevent to what OS GSP's use. In my experiance as a GSP most of the industry uses linux as there os because of its uptime and stability. what i wrote a comment to actually had relevence. What you wrote a comment to has no relevence. Did i mention license fee's ? If kids want to run Servers like you say the'll download a torrent copy of windows. they wont use linux because they wont even understand how to login. The stats i sent there are from a machine running Servers, yes granted the server had no one playing on it. But then again i was replying to uptime and windows not if people had money or methods on how to steal an OS.

Next time save your comments for something relevent and stop telling other people that there comments are irelevent to something the've quoted. Silly windows fag.

I would like to point out that 30 days up time is not long and my view on whice OS to use is use what you know best. Alot of GSP restart there servers at silly AM anyway for some reason.

your so wrong.

Only poit you are right about is that most GSP use linux, but a big % of the mare kids. They use linux because its free and they can easily find help around, whereas for windows its much more complicated and its maintenance requires much work and knowledge.

Linux is a very poor investment for small/medium GSP's right now as some gaems have no linux support and gota be launched via wine.

Those who still have linux support often get the linux update delayed (arma2 is the latest exemple i got in mind).

So yes a kid can download windows server but he will totally fail administrating it. Note that most teams/clans howting their own servers use linux because its just easier and cheaper for them. so no its not only about uptime and 30 days is more than decent uptime when you are profesionnal, reboot takes only a couple of minutes, thats 0,0001% of the maintenance work actually.

Whats most funny is that imo linux is worth for source based games with the 1000FPS (even tho it can be obtained with windows 2008), but then the uptime point does not make sense anymore since those servers have very poor performances if they dont get restarted daily.

Well Version 2 that is in beta testing right now will support both Windows and Linux. So this arguement is pretty useless.

Use what you are versed in. For me I hate using linux but that is simply my opinion. There is no right or wrong OS to use for game hosting. They both have pros and cons to them.

I will say that I have seen a big shift in the larger game makers dropping support for linux recently. This is due to the amount of support it takes to handle 2 different operating systems. It seems like the big guys are moving away from linux and coding games strictly for windows now.

Guest Passerby
Well Version 2 that is in beta testing right now will support both Windows and Linux. [...]

Sweet! :D

We will have a public beta released sometime this summer. The private beta is progressing along and we have already had 3 updates for it.

This is simply to work out the large bugs before we release the beta to the public.

Archived