No MW2 Dedicated Server?

pesultra

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it'll be something similar to L4Ds setup?

You will have to wait and see, only when the game is released will we really know what it is to be.

Same with all games, they change greatly in the last weeks of development.

Well just visting IW's site I noticed this under the game features section:

Game Features:

• Epic single-player campaign picks up immediately following the thrilling events from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare.
  • The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements.
  • New cooperative SpecOps mode, the perfect combination of Modern Warfare's single-player intensity and the addictive replayability of its multiplayer.

** Note number 2: The definitive multiplayer experience returns, with a host of new perks and enhancements.

I'd find that hard to believe. The COD series always had support from the developers in regard to multiplayer. I'm quite sure they know the following they have with the online crowd which is huge compared to other titles.. It would surprise me if they would turn away from that.

You will have to wait and see, only when the game is released will we really know what it is to be.

Same with all games, they change greatly in the last weeks of development.

Ah of course, I was just stating that's what I got outta the article that was posted :D

Either way, servers will be sold no doubt.

MW2DS.exe>>> My Guess................ run the standard commandline and it will fire up dedicated ..... muahahahahhah

Hopefully it turns out being that easy, but you never know now adays, seems many of the recently released games like to make things complicated.

This is due to the console gaming market influx. Companies make a ton more money off the consoles than they do from PC game sales since there are 3-4 console platforms vs. only 1 platform for PC.

Also they seem to be porting the console games over to PC after they are done with the consoles leaving some serious issues with the PC versions.

This is due to the console gaming market influx. Companies make a ton more money off the consoles than they do from PC game sales since there are 3-4 console platforms vs. only 1 platform for PC.

Also they seem to be porting the console games over to PC after they are done with the consoles leaving some serious issues with the PC versions.

Or worse yet, allowing console clients on the same servers as PC clients!

yep.. bashandslash did a live web cast with 402 and he confirmed that there will be no dedicated servers.

They system will be run through a system called IW net or something and we all have to play on each others connections.

A dark day this is for us GSP companys and gamers alike

Posted this over at our forum. Naturally I invite everyone to post on IW's forum and sign the petition:

As many of you may already know, Infinity Ward (the Devs for MW2) have decided to NOT include a dedicated server for their upcoming game. I strongly urge everyone to head over to: http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/petition.html and sign the petition.

Also signup and post your support on IW's forum: http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopi...13&t=121918 ... there are currently about 120 pages on that thread already.

Without a dedicated server Modern Warfare 2 will be an epic failure on the PC. Let the developers know how important they are for the success of their game!!

well what there doing on the cheat front is using steams VAC system.

All that will happen now is the torrents will go up and ppl will just play the single player.

Lets just hope they change there minds but i dont see it coming.... i could be wrong

oh how i hope.

If i wanted to play like consoles play i would play on my ps3 but the pure reason i dont is because i like online play been able to play with players around the world, not on some 12 yo kids home connection that thinks he rules the world cause he can have his own server for free now.

**RANT OVER**

Archived