No MW2 Dedicated Server?

pesultra

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They just killed that game

If all the GSPs joined together and refused to host any of their games that would hurt them back.

You'll get several tosspots that would agree, then a few days later take all the revenue from that game, which means we will all be loosing out.

I don't think Activision has any plans of letting GSPs host any of their future games.

By the looks of things you're correct, it looks like it's more of a platform based thing that future games can be implemented into the system.

But with a petition signed by over 35,000 people - who all refrain from buying the game.. I wonder if they will change on a day0 patch?

They just killed that game

If all the GSPs joined together and refused to host any of their games that would hurt them back.

You wouldnt be able to get everyone to join together, what about the gsp that dont use tcadmin ect? and the smaller companys that would just go against the refusal to host there games and just take the revenue

PC Gamers can look forward to a ever progressive future of fewer and fewer titles with a properly functioning multiplayer feature.

Seems like every game had one back in "the day" and lately games are released with no or a partially functioning multiplayer capability.

PC Gamers can look forward to a ever progressive future of fewer and fewer titles with a properly functioning multiplayer feature.

Seems like every game had one back in "the day" and lately games are released with no or a partially functioning multiplayer capability.

A few years ago consoles didn't have the multiplayer capability like they do now so gamers really had only one choice if they wanted to play online and devs needed to cash in on that market.

When consoles became strong enough to support multiplayer is when the devs stopped devoting time to the PC market and turned attention to consoles.

Sorry to say but PC gaming is a dying breed. Who wants to spend all the time it takes to install and patch a game then deal with OS issues, Video cards that need upgrading every other year etc when with a console you simply buy the game and insert the disc to play..

With that being said do you really blame the game devs for not wanting to deal with supporting a PC version?

A few years ago consoles didn't have the multiplayer capability like they do now so gamers really had only one choice if they wanted to play online and devs needed to cash in on that market.

When consoles became strong enough to support multiplayer is when the devs stopped devoting time to the PC market and turned attention to consoles.

Sorry to say but PC gaming is a dying breed. Who wants to spend all the time it takes to install and patch a game then deal with OS issues, Video cards that need upgrading every other year etc when with a console you simply buy the game and insert the disc to play..

With that being said do you really blame the game devs for not wanting to deal with supporting a PC version?

Playing MP on console really sucks compared to MP on PC. I used to be a console player "only" a few years back then discovered MP on PC and totally gave up console. Ofc tons of ppl are playing consoles and I guess most play the SP or with friends. And among the ones playing MP I guess/hope the big majority never tried it on PC else I assume they would have stopped console.

Being the majority doesnt mean being right so yes I understand the financial reasosn of developers on one side but on the other they owe PC gamers a decent gaming experience cuz without MP on PC there would still not be MP on consoles.

Time to sell Defcon I suppose.

On the other hand comment is really silly if you think about it. According to a study internet users are doubling every year for the next 5 years.

Who do you think the target audience is for console gamers ? I guarantee the age is ALOT younger then PC gamers and at a certain age for console gamers you see alot of people stop playing console at least I did.

PC market is geared towards the older audience who can afford to buy a top of the line PC or who can afford to buy game server and the PC market is just going to mature over the next 5-10 years.

Consoles suck for the gameplay compared to a PC. But I see this happening more and more in the future due to the multitude of reasons stated above. Look how many of the PC games now are actualy ported from the console, thus this type of multiplayer...... And you cannot blame the developers or the publishers, as they must go where they get the most bang for the buck......

It's not just us, god help us if there were over 105,000 GSP's. It's the community that's been directly affected, they stated that they held a poll? What fruitcake voted on that poll? If there was a poll, I and the other 100,000 people would have been rather interested in voting on it.

Consoles suck for the gameplay compared to a PC. But I see this happening more and more in the future due to the multitude of reasons stated above. Look how many of the PC games now are actualy ported from the console, thus this type of multiplayer...... And you cannot blame the developers or the publishers, as they must go where they get the most bang for the buck......

Blaming the developers isn't something, it's blaming the entire company. They have ruined their reputation on the PC now, people will see IW and think, oh god, that appears to be completely fudge-poo as IW made it.

It's how easy reputation can decrease. Their forums are riddled with responses from the community. They should do what the community want them to do, within reason obviously, remember the community is where the "bang for the buck" is. ;)

It's not just us, god help us if there were over 105,000 GSP's. It's the community that's been directly affected, they stated that they held a poll? What fruitcake voted on that poll? If there was a poll, I and the other 100,000 people would have been rather interested in voting on it.

Blaming the developers isn't something, it's blaming the entire company. They have ruined their reputation on the PC now, people will see IW and think, oh god, that appears to be completely fudge-poo as IW made it.

It's how easy reputation can decrease. Their forums are riddled with responses from the community. They should do what the community want them to do, within reason obviously, remember the community is where the "bang for the buck" is. ;)

Just look how Cauldron ruined the great Soldier of fortune name with their stupid console port "soldier of fortune payback". Was lamest MP game ever, this kind of games usually comes free with a pack of corn flakes in supermarket : no dedicated server, not even a chat function, no words for that and the ppl who bought it got just ripped off.

Ditto

On the other hand comment is really silly if you think about it. According to a study internet users are doubling every year for the next 5 years.

Internet users don't equal gamers and game playing online make up a small percentage of internet users. Especially with the advent smart appliances, pda's etc who contribute to the polls.

Online gaming was the sole domain of PC's for years. If you wanted to play online you needed a PC. Now, there are a few alternatives so it's only natural to see a decrease and as other mediums become available it will further decrease.

Will it kill our industry? Probably not, But it will take some of our potential clients.

Internet users don't equal gamers and game playing online make up a small percentage of internet users. Especially with the advent smart appliances, pda's etc who contribute to the polls.

Online gaming was the sole domain of PC's for years. If you wanted to play online you needed a PC. Now, there are a few alternatives so it's only natural to see a decrease and as other mediums become available it will further decrease.

Will it kill our industry? Probably not, But it will take some of our potential clients.

Your correct we will lose some clients and that's been happening for a couple years now. But like Derek said most of the console "kiddies" are kids. I have three kids a 20 yr old, 15 and 13. My two younger ones have the ps2,Nintendo ds and xbox 360 live. They play those console's quite often but when they look at AA3, l4d, or a cod series on my gaming rig there first question is why are the graphics so much better? your always going to have the diehard pc player and it's a shame the game manufactures don't see this. But it's just another game that will fail to bad judgment for whatever reason just like AA3, farcry 2 and a few others before that.

Archived